27. Outings-2

"Yuvraj Yudhistir" Karna said, making Shakthiselvi's eyes widen, "What brings you here?"

"Pranipat Angraj Karna" Yudhistir replied folding his hands in courtesy, "I came here for day outing. You must have come on an inspection tour like you usually–"

Yudhistir paused as his eyes fell on the slender female figure standing beside the mighty Angraj Karna. She looked shy and young, almost as young as Arjun or perhaps younger, yet she exuded a confidence which attracted rather than intimidate.

Angraaj Karna had certainly not come on an inspection tour, he could safely conclude that much, but who was she? They were not married, the girl wore no such signs of marriage...they must to related to each other the, perhaps distant cousins...but whatever be the relationship they shared, he could well deduce there was immense trust and understanding between them, for a girl to come out wih a man without chaperon was not a common affair.

"Yuvraj" Karna said a little sharply, and then turning to Shakthiselvi, "This is the crown prince of Hastinapur, the eldest of the Pandavas, son of the late King Pandu, Yudhistir."

Shakthiselvi's eyes shot up when he said the 'eldest Pandava', she turned to Karna, opened her mouth to say something and then shut it, instead she smiled pleasantly at Yudhistir.

"And this is my friend—" Karna continued with his introductions when to his great surprise, the ever well mannered Yudhistir interrupted him.

"This is must be Kumari Vibhuti, the auspicious girl of Anga who has brought such prosperity to the land and whom the bards sing of!"

"Yes..."Karna said slowly, watching the two of them exchange nods and smiles.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Kumari Vibhuti" Yudhistir said cordially.

" Likewise, Yuvraj Yudhistir" she replied cheerily, "And you may just call me Sh—"

"Sreedha" Karna said abruptly, giving Yudhistir a tight smile "You can just call her Vibhuti or Sreedha."

"Ah yes of course Sreedha" Yudhistir said awkwardly while the owner of the name tried her best to suppress her shock and confusion too.

"Yuvraj Yudhistir, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance" she said "I am looking forward to get to know each other better."

"Yes...sure..." Yudhistir replied, a bit taken back with the unabashed confidence she displayed unlike other girls...he couldn't help but be reminded of Prakriti... Yudhistir smiled at the image of the petite and ever cheerful and bold girl flashing across his mind.

"Yuvraj" Karna called suddenly and even a little harshly "What is there to smile so much?"

"Oh...oh" yudhistir answered, flustered, he realized now that he had been looking straight in the direction of Vibhuti while thinking of Prakriti, "I am sorry, Angraaj...I was thinking about something else...My intentions were nothing wrong...I was not..."

"It is okay" Karna said kindly, "I understand that Yuvraj. I have not been in Hastinapur for a while now. How are things going there?"

"Everything is running smoothly in Hastinapur" Yudhistir answered, "Angraaj I don't see your mother here..."

"My mother is in Hastinapur. You must have been aware of that" Karna said, the tinge of pain in his voice pretty evident. His father had never approved of him accepting the crown from Duryidhan and his mother had no option but to stay back with his father.

"oh...I see...I thought she was staying in Anga palace" Yudhistir said, "Especially now that Kumari Sreedha also stays with you—"

Yudhistir stopped abruptly, as Angraaj Karna's face darkened with painfully suppressed rage. He regretted his words, what was his business whoever stayed in Anga palace and whoever not? HE saw a menacing look course through the tall warrior's face standing forth him.

"Yuvraj Yudhistir" a sweet and soft voice floated in, "Yuvraj, it was a delight meeting you, and I hope to correspond further to cement our relationship better."

"Sure, Kumari Sreedha" Yudhistir answered, grateful for the digression she had created, "Of course, I would be looking forward to getting to know you better. I will take my leave now. Good day."

"Good day to you too" she replied, nodding courteously as he departed for his own path, and then she turned to Karna, "Karna...um..."

"Lets' go up" Karna said softly, smiling at her.

------------

------------

Hello everyone

What did you like best from the chapter? What do you expect to happen next? How do you think Shakthiselvi and Yudhistir's acquaintance is going to effect the events, if at all it has an effects? What are your thoughts?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter:) Please drop by your votes and comments generously:) Waiting eagerly to hear from you all!!❤❤