15. Unexpected-2

"What's wrong, Dhaarya?" he questioned, bringing the index finger of his free hand near her nose, "There is nothing to stop me."

"I will scream down the place" she threatened.

"You think anyone will care or dare to go against me" he retorted, bringing his face closer to hers "But go ahead, let us see the amount of energy you possess."

"Rajkumar, don't cross your limits!" she hissed, unable to hide the shakiness whirling in her voice "You cannot..."

"Why not, Dhaarya?" he began faking incomprehensibility, "I am not my foolishly sweet cousin, Yudhistir who will flinch at the presence of a woman close to him other than  my Mata, Mata Kunti and my sister Dushala..."

She observed that although he kept hovering his hand near her, he did not touch her even for a fleeting moment.

'Surprising' she thought as he continued ranting about Yudhistir.

"...Nor am I my noble and upright friend Karna" he continued "Who would shy away from women despite having queues of beautiful damsels who would literally throw themselves at his feet—"

"Karna" she said abruptly, all she basically knew from the Mahabharat were three things- Draupadi's swayamvar, the dice game and the war.

She knew about some other aspects too but presently her mind was recollecting the immortal saga of the friendship between Karna and Duryodhan.

"Yes. Karna. Why?" he asked curiously, a tinge of jealousy creeping in his strong voice "Don't tell you are also one of those girls whose attentions he has royally ignored?"

"Shut up" she said exasperated, her eyes slightly moist "He is your friend right?"

"Yes. He is my very good friend. Although he hasn't visited for some time now. I hear he is very busy in state work currently" he replied sadly remembering his good times with his friend "But how does he concern you?"

"Friendship is one of the greatest blessings of God" she said, a pained expression on her face as though on a sudden realization of something important one had forgotten "Here, take your garment... here..."

Duryodhan was shocked as she put his angvastra on his shoulder without another protest.

"Now let me go, please"

He moved out of her way wordlessly, watching her rapidly disappearing form. Somehow he had begun enjoying their fights, her boldness, her liveliness and the unexpected behaviour she had just exhibited, had brought on him a strange worry.