25. Cool

"Wooho" Preethika exclaimed jumping down from her horse "This place is super cool!"

"Yes, you can get sudden gusts of cold wind here. We are at Nityaridham hills, on the far borders between Anga and Hastinapur " Yudhistir replied calmly, settling the satin-wrapped box on the ground, "These hills are supposed to experience eternal spring time. But have no worries, I got some shawls along with me."

Preethika could not help let out the loud guffaw as she shook her head at him trying to stifle her laughs. She rolled down a mild slope, the green grass tickling and pricking her simultaneously. Yudhistir ran in her direction, dragging the large box with him.

"Cool in this context means something cool...uh...something really nice and amazing and... cool" she said, giving him a stupid and exasperated smile.

"Oh I see. Can it be use for people as well?" Yudhistir asked unwrapping the cloth to reveal a simple yet exquisite wooden box.

"Yes...you can... hmm... this box smells so good" she said, sniffing at it.

"It is a sandalwood box, Prakriti" he said in between his laughs "That's why it smells good and also its contents have a good smell. Let me open it."

"What is in it? Open it fast" she said excitedly, clapping her hands in glee.

Yudhistir smiled at her pleasantly, enjoying her carefree laugh, her simplicity and innocence which always gave him an unexplained sense of peace, an unfiltered happiness. He felt so strangely drawn to her these days.

"Come on, why are you staring at me?" Preethika said impatiently, startling him out of his reverie "I am waiting, open it!"

He smiled again and quickly bent down to the key hole when Preethika sent him a frown, chuckling to himself. This was so fresh to him. No one ordered him or berated him over such simple issues. But, Prakriti never saw him anyone special or different but just the person he was.

"Wow. There are so much of good food here!" Preethika screamed joyously as Yudhoistir finally revealed the contents of the box "You are planning a picnic. There are raw ingredients here and utensils for cooking. Yay! I love cooking!"

"Yes, we will have a fun morning" Yudhistir replied animatedly before continuing in a dazed manner "You are going to cook for me..."

"Dharmaraj?" Preethika raised an eyebrow at him as he stood before her with a dreamy expression.

"Ha. Oh no, I forgot to pick up the bunch of firewood while we rode upslope" he said, biting his tongue "I asked the soldiers to have it sent to the lower slopes. I will get them right away. Don't worry this place is safe. Angraj Karna has recently done a marvelous work in border security. Wait awhile..."

She watched him disappear down the hill slope, laughing to herself as she began pulling out the aromatic and delicious food items with great delight.

---------------------------------

Hello everyone

So, can we make it to 35-40 votes before the next part is uploaded :)

And do please let me know what you think of the chapter so that I can continue better :)❤