Chapter 15: The Fame and the Fraud

Comenzar desde el principio

"He's a writer here, Harry." Hermione said. "He's written a lot of works, but he doesn't seem like he knows much."

'He was 4 years down from our mum's year." Y/N said. "He had an enormous ego and thought he was a genius."

I'm honestly disappointed that man was sorted into Ravenclaw.

"Ladies and gentlemen." a voice said. "Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart."

A man came out of the curtain with curly hair and a ridiculous smile on his face. He proceeded to wave to everyone and posed for the cameras around.

"Let me by, madam, Thank you." A photographer said as he pushed through Mrs. Weasley. "Excuse me, girls. This is for the Daily Prophet." He then pushed by Luna and Ginny watching the author.

Lockhart then stopped posing as he started to stare in our direction. "It can't be-- Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter?" The photographer said as he pushed back to get to Harry, where Y/N stood in the way of him, protecting Harry, but the photographer pushed him out of the way. Hermione had helped him up after that.

'Arsehole.' I heard Y/N in his thoughts.

Lockhart then made his way to us and stood near Harry, who didn't look impressed by the man.

"Nice big smile, Harry." Lockhart directed. "Together you and I will make the front page!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me..."

'He was doing anything OTHER than that.' Y/N and I thought at the same time. Even Hermione was thinking the same thing.

(A/N: Hermione does not like Lockhart in this either!)

"...Which, incidentally is currently celebrating it's 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving... with my entire collected works, free of charge. Now, ladies?"

Many ladies started clapping and cheering for the both of them. Now Harry had a whole stack of toture. I bet he would take a month full of detention with Snape instead of reading all of his works.

"But he and friends had no idea that they would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. They and their school friends will, in fact, be getting the real, magical me."

Wait, what?

"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that, this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

Many people cheered more at this sudden revelation, while most of us cringed at the idea of the idea of him teaching us.

I mean, what is going to have us do? Sign his fan mail?!

As Harry received his books, Mrs.Weasley took his books. "I'll get them all signed. All of you wait outside."

We made our way towards the exit, ready to forget that Lockhart would be our teacher. Until another certain demented idiot decided to make his presense known.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" Draco Malfoy said as he walked down a staircase. "Famous Harry Potter! Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Oh, yay!" Y/N said humorlessly. "Look, it's another idiot. Can't wait to see what this one will do." Hermione stood next to him and held his hand while Luna stood behind them.