Chapter 65

𝔸𝕧𝕒

A few strippers are dancing on the various podiums around us, with several patrons gawking at them. This section is in the middle of everything but is cleared out—probably reserved for Dionysus. Music with heavy bass plays in the background.

Zane takes a few steps back from me as I sit on the leather couch.

Wait—what's happening?

He's not doing what I think he is... right?

Zane starts to rock his hips forward the beat.

Yep. He is.

"About time," Dionysus says, leaning back in his chair with a grin.

Zane looks insanely attractive under the purple and pink lights. He moves with surprising ease as he approaches me and puts a leg on either side of my knees so that he's standing with his abs at my eye level.

Damn.

He gives me a smirk and bites his lip as he rolls his hips to the rhythm.

Holy crap.

Zane has always been ridiculously attractive and he's certainly been a decent dancer when we've danced together, but I had no idea he could do this.

Has he practiced this before?

He starts to draw a crowd and I feel a bit of jealousy bubbling in my chest.

Zane grabs the top of the couch on either side of my head and pulls himself to me until his lips are at my ear.

"This is just for you baby," he whispers, as if he could tell what I was thinking.

As he pulls back his eyes are glowing slightly. I guess I'm not the only one his dancing is having an effect on.

He straightens up and grabs the bottom of his shirt, lifting it just enough to grab it with his teeth. He continues to dance with his abs now on full display. I'm pulled in by his every move as if I have tunnel vision that allows me to see only him.

"So Zane," Dionysus says as a server places a bottle of wine and several glasses on the table. "You've never had any problem with getting a lap dance before. Why the sudden change of heart?"

"I told you, I'm not interested in getting a lap dance," Zane says, stepping back as he slowly pulls off his shirt to cheers from the people around us.

I don't know what's more impressive: how perfect he looks or that he can dance and hold a conversation at the same time.

"Tsk tsk tsk," Dionysus scolds. "You know better than to lie to me, darling."

So... he did want a dance?

Zane sighs and gives him a quick glare.

"Fine, I don't want a lap dance from one of your strippers," he says.

"That's better," Dionysus says with a chuckle.

I can hardly keep track of the conversation with Zane shirtless and gyrating in front of me. My eyes gravitate toward the growing bulge in his pants. Though my instinct is to look away, for whatever reason I don't care as much as I usually would.

This must be the effect of Dionysus's powers.

Honestly, it feels kind of nice, I don't know what Zane was so afraid of. Inhibitions suck anyway.

Zane takes his T-shirt and loops it behind my neck, using it to pull me closer to him. He rests his knees on the couch, still straddling my legs. His vivid green eyes practically burn into my own as he licks his lips.