Bonus Chapters: 29 + 30 (Zane POV)

A/N: Here's a bonus double-chapter in Zane's perspective! The originals are Chapter 29 and Chapter 30 in Ava's POV if you'd like to go back and find them. (I recommend reading them again first as a refresher.)

ℤ𝕒𝕟𝕖

- ALTERNATE POV -
CHAPTER 29

The cab pulls up outside of Tempt, a trendy nightclub in downtown Port Charlotte that Kami loves. It's housed in a towering white building flanked with columns and lit with purple and blue lights.

Club-goers huddle together in a long queue that snakes around the building. There's a deep chill in the air and everyone is wrapped in heavy coats.

I step out of the cab, reaching an open hand out to help Ava as Kieran and Kami exit through their respective doors.

I take a look at the scene around me—half-drunk humans in thousand-dollar outfits, all freezing their arses off to enter an over-crowded nightclub so they can down liquor and rub up against each other.

Why are we here again?

"I can't believe I let you three talk me into this," I say with a shiver, shoving my hands into the pockets of my blazer for warmth. "Nightclubs are the absolute bloody worst."

"I think it's a testament to how whipped you are that Ava was able to talk you into coming along," Kieran says with a laugh. "He never does this."

I roll my eyes as we follow Kami past the bouncer.

Ava has an excited smile on her face, even though she's rosy-cheeked and shivering in the cold.

Kieran's right—I'd do anything to make this girl smile.

We enter the club through a mirrored hallway, lined with neon lights. The girls stop at the coat check and Kami instructs us to find a booth.

"Oh? Am I your errand boy, now?" I tease.

"Go, errand boy!" Kami says, waving her hand toward the main section of the club. I laugh and give her a playful two-fingered salute as Kieran and I head further inside.

The center of the club is two floors flanked by glass and lit in bright blue. The dance floor is packed wall-to-wall with sweaty twenty-somethings gyrating against each other to a heavy bass beat.

"Looks open," Kieran says, pointing to a large velvet booth in the corner.

We walk over and I find a hostess nearby.

"Excuse me, is this booth available?" I ask.

"It is," she says. She explains the drink minimums for the booth, we put in a drink order, and she seats us before leaving to grab our drinks.

Kieran jumps into the booth and slides over so he can keep one eye on the dance floor and I sit across from him.

"Man, getting you out clubbing is like a fucking Bigfoot sighting! I can hardly believe what I'm seeing!"

"Yeah, well take a good fuckin' look then, mate. Not planning on making a habit of this."

Kieran's eyes go wide, his pupils practically reaching the edges of his irises.

What the hell is he looking at?

I turn around to see Ava in a tight red dress, strips of fabric hugging her curves and her breasts lifted and on display. My eyes trace the lines of her body down to her legs, which are barely covered by the tiny amount of fabric.