Chapter 24

ℤ𝕒𝕟𝕖

My eyes open to a flurry of purple hair sprawled across my chest. Her scent is intoxicating and her touch even more so.

I'm so bloody in love with this girl she could stab me in the heart and I would still want to wrap her in my arms.

As the sunlight peeks into my room, I see scattered shreds of clothing everywhere, the bedside lamp mangled on the floor, and large chunks of cotton batting strewn throughout the room.

Oh bloody hell.

Memories of last night come flooding back to me. I completely lost control.

I turn my head slightly so as not to disturb Ava. She's wrapped inside my wing. I turn to see my other wing splayed under the covers.

Bloody fucking hell. What the fuck happened to me?

My mind flashed back to last night.

***

That soft moan as I buried myself into her.

"Don't hold back on me."

"I want you—all of you."

"I love you."

Ava's fingernails running along my wing ridges.

***

I pull myself away from the memory when I realize I'm rock solid.

Okay, enough thinking about that.

Wait... last night...

Suddenly I remember the rest of the evening: Ava was attacked. I'm not about to let that one go.

I reach for my phone to text Kami, but it's not plugged into its charger.

Who bloody knows where my trousers are...

Ava stirs ever so slightly, cozying up into my wing as a contented purr leaves her lips.

My god, she's perfect.

If I fell asleep with my wings out...

I take a second to comprehend the thought.

What does that mean? I had sex with her and then I wrapped her in my wings and held her? Still in Siren form?

I keep the beast at bay because it's just that—a beast. My carnal form is the epitome of instinct and passion: lust, anger, jealousy... sure. But this?

What does that even mean?

Does all of me—even at my worst—feel the way about Ava that I do right now?

𝔸𝕧𝕒

I rub my eyes and yawn as I wake from sleep. The light is bright enough that it must be mid-morning and I'm wrapped in a soft black blanket, lying on Zane's bare chest.

This is almost aggressively comfortable.

As I open my eyes I see the room is a little bit worse for the wear from last night. Little bits of pillow fluff are strewn across the floor. Zane shifts beneath me, pulling me in with one arm around my waist.

Wait, his arm is on my waist but also on my shoulder? How does that work? Whose arm is that??

I flinch as my eyes pop open further.

"You okay, baby?" Zane asks in a soft, low voice.

I look closer and discover that the blanket isn't so much a blanket as it is a wing. Zane's wing.