Bonus Chapter: 9 (Zane POV)

A/N: Another bonus chapter—the bar fight from Zane's perspective! The original is Chapter 9 and in Ava's POV.

ℤ𝕒𝕟𝕖

- ALTERNATE POV -
CHAPTER 9 

"Well, I was a cheerleader in college," the girl says to Kieran, batting her eyelashes and twirling her hair.

"Of course you were," he says with a mischievous grin, his eyes tracing her figure.

This one is practically already a done deal.

I check my phone again. My last message to Ava is still listed as read, but she still hasn't responded.

Why do I even care? I can have any woman I want. I'm a bloody Siren, not some weak male desperate for female attention.

Just hers.

Oh, shut up.

The door to the bar opens and I find myself disappointed when Kami walks through.

Whatever. I don't need to see Ava tonight.

She walks up and sits herself down beside me.

"I had a feeling I'd find you here," she says. "You've been awfully hard to get a hold of lately. You left your charger in my car."

She pauses a moment to introduce herself to Kieran's date and my mind wanders away from their conversation.

"Good luck," Kieran says. "He's been like that all night."

"Like what?" I say, tuning back in. Kieran and Kami both laugh.

"Wow. You've really got it bad," she says with a smile. "This girl has turned you into a little obsessed puppy."

"Bollocks. Sure, I like the girl, but you know I'm not the obsessive type."

"Which is why this is so surprising."

"You're both wro-" I'm interrupted by the door opening again and my eyes are met with a purple-haired bombshell. The tight leather of her pants clings to her thighs and the cut of her white T-shirt is like an arrow pointing to her cleavage as her chest nearly spills out.

I bite down hard on my bottom lip.

"You were saying," Kami says with a giggle.

"Oi," I scold, seemingly to no effect as she continues smiling,

Ava and Jen seem to see us but walk past our booth and over to the bar.

She's not avoiding me, is she?

Of course not.

"Oh boy," Kami says. "Are you in trouble?"

"What? No!" I look back to Ava at the bar. "Why would you say that?"

"She didn't even give you a wave. Seems like she's avoiding you."

"Rubbish," I snap. An uneasy feeling builds in my stomach.

Is Ava avoiding me? Does she not want me?

The thought gives me a sharp pain in my stomach.

I battle with myself over whether I should go and say hi to her, but I've never had to go out of my way to get someone's attention before. Usually, I can flash a quick smile and they come running.