Thirty- one

Xavier P.O.V.

"Amelia? Amelia!" I shout as I try to keep her awake, but she continues to slip out of concious.

"Where's the closest hospital?" My dad asks Blake's dad, Luke.

"It says up here take a left then a right and it should be on the right of the street." He says quickly as I can feel the car accelerate.

Chloe continues to sob and Aidan wraps his arms around her. She turns and her sobs are quieted as leans her head into Aidans chest.

"What do we tell the hospital? What will be our story?" Aidan then asks.

Luke looks at my dad with a panicked look.

"Okay. With her bruises and cuts we will have to say she fell down some steps." He pauses, thinking. "Concrete steps and.. hit her head hard on the concrete pavement." My dad explains.

I don't even listen to their next conversation as I mentally kick my own ass over how stupid I am to have left her all alone in her house.

If I had just stayed with her none of this would have happened. We would be in her bed, cuddling as she forces me to watch the entire Twilight Saga for the third time.

We finally pull up to the hospital and I open the door and run in without look to see if anyone is behind me.

I go to the front desk and the nurse behinds it jumps up once she sees the state that Amelia is in.

"What happened?" She says while frantically calling someone.

"She fell down concrete steps and hit her head on the pavement." My dad says coming up beside me.

The nurse nods and says something into the phone before hanging up and waving for us to follow her.

We walk over to a gurney where I set Amelia down then a hoard of nurses and doctors come over and take her away.

The nurse looks to us and says, "She's going to get a CT done and get checked for broken bones as they clean her wounds."

"When will we get to see her?" I ask.

"Not for a few hours. I'll show you to the waiting room and once she has an assigned room we will bring you guys to it."

I nod and she leads my dad and I to the waiting room then walks away.

"Where is everyone else?"

"Chloe is calling her parents with Aidan, and Luke is parking the car. I already told them where we will be." He explains.

Chloe and Aidan walk in and find us immediately. Luke had already came back.

"My mom will be here soon since she lives close and my dad will be here within three hours since he was able to get on the next flight here." Chloe tells us.

"What did your parents say?" I ask her.

"Mom is a mess and dad is in shock. I don't know how this is all going to go down once they get here." She tells me, sitting across from me.

We continue waiting in silence until Amelias mom walks through the door with Jason, running to the front desk.

The nurse points to us and her mom whips around. She walks over to Chloe and she hugs her and then turns to me.

"What happened?"

"Amelia was running down some concrete steps then tripped and fell the rest of the way and hit her head then fell unconscious." My dad answers for me.