Ten

"Honey, it's 7, you have to get up and get ready now." My dad says, shaking me gently to wake me up.

My excitement from the night before rushes back and I immediately wake up.

"Is Chloe up already?" I ask.

"Yes, and Amanda is going to start breakfast for you all soon. How many are coming again?"

"6." I tell him.

"Okay. I'll go so you can start to get ready." He then leaves, closing the door behind him.

I check my phone and snapchat back everyone who sent me snaps overnight. I get up and go to my bathroom and get ready. Once I'm done in the bathroom I walk to my closet and pull out a pair of light blue jeans shorts and a light purple backless sweater, that is a light fabric so I won't get overheated in it.

I grab one of my North Face bookbags from my closet and put sunscreen, two bathing suits, two outfits, pajamas, and then a towel, as well as my toiletries.

Lucy texted us last night asking if we should get hotel rooms and spend the night and we all agreed with her idea. They booked two rooms, one for the girls and one for the boys.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen where Amanda is cooking, dad is in the dining room setting the table, and Noelle is asleep on her bed next to the back door.

"Morning." I say, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Good morning Amelia, I'm almost done breakfast. Do you mind bringing some of the food to the dining room now?" Amanda asks, putting more pancakes on a plate.

"Of course." I grab some plates of bacon and fruit then walk over to where my dad is. I set them in the middle of the table.

"Do you know if Chloe is almost ready?" Dad asks.

"No, she'll probably be down here soon though."

The doorbell rings and we hear Chloe run down the steps as I walk out of the dining room. Chloe opens the front door and it's Christine, carrying a bookbag.

"Aww." Chloe says, shutting the door behind Christine, then walking into the kitchen.

"Good to see you too." She says sarcastically.

"Hey, I thought you were coming with everyone else?" We follow Chloe to the kitchen.

"Nah, I decided just to have my mom drop me off." She sets her bag down on the couch, then comes back and sits in the chair across from me at the kitchen table.

"So Chloe, how was your date?" Christine asks.

"Great, we just really connected and I just can't wait to spend more time with him today." She says. "Also don't take my greeting personally, Aidan said they were going to be here any minute and I thought it was him."

"Oh girl you're fine."

"Amelia, if we are spending the night in Santa Monica, are you and Xavier still going to the mall then?" Christine asks, suddenly reminding me of my Sunday plans.

"I don't know, maybe we will just go another day this week." I'll have to ask him when he is free next then.

Dad comes from the dining room and we start to talk about school and college like every parent talks about with their kids friends. We then move to the topic of homecoming.

"Where are you girls taking pictures?" Amanda asks.

"I think at Xavier and Lucy's house." Christine tells them.

"What about you Chloe?" Dad asks.

"Oh Aidan and I are going to Annas house since she's having a lot of people over from our friend group." She tells us.