Twenty-one

I wake up to the sound of a lawnmower, and the sun shining in through the windows. Damn these curtains for being so sheer.

I roll over, and am met with Xavier's chest. I try to hide my head in his chest, causing him to laugh.

"Good morning Amelia." He says.

"Morning." I say, lifting my head up.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead, and then I sit up and reach for my phone. Reading the time being 9 am.

"Who is up doing lawn work at 9 am?" I ask, slightly irritated.

"Jason." Xavier tells me.

I open up the curtains to see Jason, in fact mowing the backyard. I get out of bed, and Xavier follows me as we leave my room and go downstairs.

Down there is everyone, sitting on the two couches looking tired as well. My mom emerges from the kitchen, dressed and ready for the day.

"Morning guys." I say, as I walk past them and into the kitchen.

I grab a glass and fill it with water. I walk back out to the living room and throw myself next to Xavier on one of the couches.

"Good morning guys!" My mom says, very cheerful. "Are you four still going to your grandmas today?"

"Yeah, we should get ready to go." Chloe says.

"Alright. We will meet back down here when everyone is ready." I say, as Xavier and I then walk back up to my room.

I grab a pair of jean shorts and a long sleeve shirt. I change as Xavier also gets dressed. We walk down to the bathroom, and continue to get ready.

After about another 10 minutes, everyone is downstairs and ready to go to our grandmas. My mom, Andrew, and Jason stay back at the house.

My grandma lives about a 10 minute drive from my moms house, so Jason drops us off. My grandma lives further from San Francisco, in a house within a retirement community.

We walk up to her front door, and I ring the doorbell. She immediately opens the door, with a giant smile on her face.

"Come in girls! Oh and boys!" She says, as she waves us in.

Xavier shuts the door behind him, as Chloe and I give her a hug. We see our grandma even less than we see our mom.

"Oh you girls look more grown every time I see you!" My grandma says with a smile.

"Grandma, this is Xavier and Aidan." I say, pointing to the boys, who are now next to Chloe and I.

"Oh! It's so nice to meet you two! Come, sit, I'll go grab some lemonade for everyone." She says, as she turns and walks to the kitchen.

We all sit on the couch my grandma has. She comes out with a tray of cups full of lemonade for each of us. She then takes a seat on the loveseat.

"Tell me about yourselves boys!" She exclaims.

"Well I'm Xavier King, and I'm 18 and I play lacrosse, basketball and I swim." Xavier tells her.

"And I'm Aidan, I am 16, and I play lacrosse." Aidan then says.

"Do you all go to the same high school?"

"Yes." Xavier answers.

"That's nice. You know my husband Jack and I were also highschool sweethearts." She smiles to us.

"Where did you grow up?" Aidan asks.

"Up in Oregon. You know, Jack and I did get married shortly after graduation."