Eight

(Amelias and Chloes dresses ^)

Wednesday Morning

"Amelia! Let's listen to my music for once!" Chloe says angrily as we are getting into my car to go to school.

"It's my car so I get the aux whenever I want it, and I want it today." I tell her pulling the cord from her hand.

"Yeah but your music sucks." She whines.

"Okay and.." I plugin my phone, as she sits back and crosses her arms.

We drive to school and once we get there she says, "Okay after school today when dad gets home from work, we are going to the mall to get homecoming dresses."

"Okay." I say.

We walk into school and part ways. This week has been boring so far, Lucy and the boys were supposed to be back today, but they texted us that their parents decided they should stay longer.

****
"Dad! The mall closes in 2 hours and we've been waiting for someone for a while now, can't Chloe and I just walk to the store and then you come when you can?" I say, as we stand in a very crowded Apple store at the mall.

"Girls, you know how much I hate you walking around the mall alone." My dad says, sighing.

"But if we stay with you this trip would have been a waste." Chloe says, trying to get him to agree to let us go.

My dad is very protective of us. He says it isn't us he doesn't trust, it's other people that makes him nervous.

"Fine. But don't go to another store besides that one. I mean it!" He says, with a stern look.

"We won't dad." Chloe and I say in unison.

We speed walk to the store. It's a cute boutique that most girls go to for their homecoming dresses at our school.

"I'm going to go look over there." Chloe says, pointing to a rack of different colored dresses on the other side of the store.

"Okay, but if you're going to go to the dressing rooms, tell me so I can see them." I tell her.

"I will." Then Chloe turns and walks towards the rack.

After looking at countless dresses, and trying half of them on, we finally both find one. Mine is forest green, and the front has a V neck then the back has thin straps crossing each other. Chloe gets a red dress that's velvet with a slight V neck and three quarter length sleeves. Both coming just a little above our knees.

Chloe calls our dad and he tells us he is just now paying for his new laptop charger at the Apple store. We leave the boutique and walk back to the Apple store.

I start to have a feeling of being watched, and look over and see a man, wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood up staring intensely at Chloe and I. I grab Chloe's hand and start to pick up our pace.

"What's wrong?" She says to me.

"Nothing, I just want to get to dad before the mall closes."

"We still have 45 minutes until it does you know."

I ignore her and continue to walk at a quicker pace, making sure she keeps up with me. We finally get to my dad, who's waiting outside the store for us, and walk out of the mall.

The minute I walk out, my anxious feeling drops, and I let out a long breathe I'd been holding in. "Alright let's go home."

****
"A man in a black sweatshirt watching you?" Christine says, confused.