What was I thinking?

"It's not an easy decision. I want you to think and search for a good answer before it's too late. You know the complications that can occur if you delay." He was right.

I nodded in response. I was so, so thankful for him for giving my mind some clarity amidst my scribbled life.

"Have you eaten?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Rest up. I'll wake you up for some dinner." He said and forced me down on the sofa. I laid down and stretched myself, feeling all my joints crack and my muscles burn from sitting in the same position for that long. I didn't even remember how long I had been sitting in that position.

"Where is your bedroom?" He asked me and I directed him to it.

He returned with my bedsheet and draped it over me, making me cuddle into the sofa, embracing the warmth it provided. When you get pregnant, you just can't lie on your back. You always had to lie on your side, resting the growing belly on the bed.

Yep, pregnancy is a pain in the arse.

"Why are you doing all this?" I asked Dae Hyun. The one question I had been itching to ask him, even though I knew the answer to it.

He crouched on the floor, next to me, placing his hand over my shoulder. The sudden increase in physical contact between us, was new to me but surprisingly it didn't weird me out. Normally I would've flinched but then, I didn't have the energy to do anything other than breathe.

"Are you seriously asking me this?" He moved the strands of hair out of my face. "I told you I'll take you if he ever left. That bastard did." He clenched his teeth, anger very prominent on his features.

Did he really like me that much? Who was I? What did they like in me? I wasn't worthy of his love.

"Depend on me. I know it's too early to say this but..." He took a deep breath in. "I promise not to leave you Saura. I'll stay... "

Please don't finish that sentence." I cut off his sentence, looking away from him. "None of the people who said that sentence to me, ever stayed until the end. Don't jinx whatever is left between us. I don't.....I don't want you to leave too."

Tears slipped past my eyelashes and he rubbed it away from my eyes. "I won't."

There was a heavy silence blanketing us. "I can't give you what you need Dae hyun. I will be a mother of a kid soon. No let me finish."
He was about to speak and I stopped him before he could give me fake promises just like he did.
Jimin.

"You deserve someone better. I appreciate you being here for me but... This isn't going to work. It just won't. Don't waste your time with me."

"And that's my choice to make." He replied making my jaw drop in awe. He was one persistent guy. "And I choose to stay with you. You will give in someday. I'll wait until that day." He smirked, making my jaw fall lower. He shut my mouth close with his finger and walked back to the kitchen.

I dwelled on his words. I was a nobody in his life. Why did he have to do all this for me? Several thoughts ran in my mind, slowly lulling me to sleep.
__________________________

"Saura? Wake up." I was awoken by Dae hyun for some dinner, a while later.

I sat up with his help, holding onto my belly. Every single action was a pain. I couldn't imagine how things would be in the third trimester.

I had some really tasty and healthy food, thanks to Dae Hyun. After dinner, we were both sitting on the sofa watching some TV. I was dead tired but I just couldn't fall asleep.