7.

I pressed the trigger. Nothing happened. I frowned.

"What the hell?" I checked if it even had a bullet. There were six bullets. Why is it not working then?

The next thing I noticed, the red tattoo on my left forearm was gone. Am I dead already?

The door opened, and I saw Taehyung. Why is he here? Will he take my soul personally? Why cant I just take my life on my own?

His face was serious, nothing like the one when we met last night.

"Why are you here? What do you want? Why do you want to take my soul away? What-"

"Enough with the questions. I'm not here to take your soul away." It was then that I noticed that he didn't have a gun or anything to kill me.

"Then what are you even here for? An offering?" I asked, the frown still on my face.

"Look, I know it sounds weird for the devil to say this but..." he sighed,"I forgive you."

"Huh? What? You-you forgive me? For what?"

"Dont act clueless. I know you took the debt for paying your college fees, your sister's education, and for the house rent. I know you also donated some of it at a fund. But it's a sin, cause you borrowed it from a gambler. Even if it was for a good cause. And I know your intentions for the money left. You wanted to waste it on this super expensive coffee machine right?" He chuckled at the end of his sentence.

"So? You're here to take the money in return for the coffee machine you gave?" I snickered.

"No. I forgave you because of your generosity. You decided to give up your life instead of killing the city councilor. Normally, I wouldn't have been been affected by that and would've taken your life anyways, but your sin meter came down because of this act of yours. So, I'm sorry to say this but, you're granted a second chance."

"Second chance?"

"Yes. I'm not gonna take your life now. You're free. Also, your debt has been completely paid off. You dont need to worry about anything."

"How? How did you pay my debt?"

"Doesn't matter to you. You're free now. Good luck." Saying that, he vanished into thin air. Wow.

I couldn't understand a word he said, or how he had paid my debt, but I was thankful to him.

For the first time, someone was thankful to the devil.

fin.

_______________________________________________

So I did a double update and the story's finally and officially completed!!! I'm so happy today I'm legit dancing right now-

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this story!! I had much fun writing it and hope you had twice as much fun reading it!