6.

Taehyung didn't have a pitchfork or horns or anything. He was just some guy. He offered me my heart's desires in exchange for my soul, and fool that I was I took him up on it. In my defence, I thought he was joking.

I rubbed my forearm. Was it a practical joke? Could someone have implanted a screen just under my skin?

The countdown showed twenty-two minutes.

I still had the gun, of course. It was a dodgy Eastern European thing without a serial number.

Nineteen minutes.

What a choice. Be a killer and kill a city councilor, or watch your sister die. What will it be?

Eighteen minutes.

A third choice: sell your soul. Easy. Souls arent real, are they? What would the devil even need souls for? Playing cards?

Fourteen minutes.

Would it be painful? Would I feel my souls burning in fires of hell forever? Or would I just disappear? Was that it? No afterlife of fluffy clouds or heavenly choirs?

Eleven minutes.

I got up and retrieved the gun from the back of my sock drawer. It was heavy. It seemed so easy in movies. People just pull the trigger and the bad guys drop down dead. I figured there'd be more blood and screaming in real life, not to mention terror. And guilt if you aimed it at someone else.

Four minutes.

I sat on the ground facing the door with with the gun held loosely in my hand. Could I live with the knowledge that I'd sold my soul?

Three minutes.

I looked down the barrel of the gun. Then I pointed it at the door instead.

One minute.

Could I shoot the devil when he came in?

Zero.

I could not live with the knowledge that I'd sold my soul to the devil himself. Anyway, he would take my soul. Why not die by my own hands instead?

I pointed the gun towards my head. I pressed the trigger.

_____________________________________________

Here's another chapter!! Hope you liked it haha.