Teaser for Chapter 32 - The Emperor's lost language

Hiyah~ I'm sorry I haven't been on for a long time. I have been working on the "to be published officially" - version of KANON, which is much more detailed than this one. I'm currently working on this site's version, chapter 32, so here's a trailer in advance to keep you a bit updated.
Hikary is looking at the letter left in the pack they found at the clearing, to remember where we left off, I added a bit of the previous chapter.

"   "Mamoru..." I smile, fighting back the bitter tears. "He knew."

"He told me." Always the same. Riddles and half-truths, he would stand at the pond underneath the sole tree and talk like there where amazing things all around him. Pointing at the ponds reflection, saying things like "What you see is only the reflection, but never will the water show you what waits beneath." He was a mad man, someone who never spoke without reason, but always in clues and puzzles. A riddlemaker, now he had made me his solver. And he never changed.

Pulling the final strap back I open up the old bag with only the sound of the leather barely audible in the dark. A small light darts out buzzing harshly, angry that it was kept in the bag for so many years, but instead of paying it any attention, I look at the bag's contents. A small cloth is ripped apart by shards of what appears to have been a jar, stacked next to it sits what seems to be a book, also wrapped into the same cloth, partly hidden by a sealed up piece of white paper.

Fisting my right hand to my side I reach in with my left, picking out the letter careful not to touch any of the bag's other possessions. It is quite possible Mamoru, being who he was, is, I remind myself again, left some trap for those who are not meant to have whatever he left here.

It is indeed a sealed up letter. I sigh, contemplating whether to break the seal or not. Last time I had something to do with a wax seal... but it's different this time. I'm the one holding the letter this time, and Mamoru left this, the Count didn't.

I sigh one last time, grabbing my dagger and putting it to the seal.

"Let's see what's in here, ne?"   "
KANON, Chapter 31 - The Light of Truths (shinjitsu no hikari)

   "   "I don't get it." Rinka huffed pointing at the drawing of a hand. "Why are there numbers on the fingers?" 
"Numbers?" Len looked up dropping one of his ears. "What numbers?"
Rinka wagged her tail from right to left bowing down to point at the left hand's middle-phalanx of the ring finger. Two lines making a tip at the top, like the roof of a house. "That's one."
"A number?"
"No, 'one', as in the digit."

"That's the place for ha." Len says, getting a notebook out quickly and writing it down.
Ritsu blinks, the things adding up. "Where's the one for two?"   "
Akira Sakurai, KANON chapter 32: I grew Afraid of (ni obieteita)

HOPE YOU LIKED IT!