#26 - In the Stars above Ground

Kanon

-----------------------------------------

In the Stars above Ground

-Chijou no Hoshi-

-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------☆~

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW, VOTE AND COMMENT DESU~

------------------------------------☆~

Ritsu looks around again. He could've sworn he saw the blonde's golden hair somewhere in the crowd, but before he could see any more a taller girl with black hair ran into his line of vision. Of course Len had chosen a day of festival to run off and decided not to come back.

It was around sunset by now, and numerous candles had already been set up along the streets and lighted.

'It's far too noisy.' Len would always tell Ritsu, who would then nod. He agreed. People are noisy, Ferae and Humans alike. Loud, and they apparently like be crowded. How the blonde had chosen this particular day, Ritsu had no idea.

The kid, yes, he reminded him of a child when he'd run and disappear from sight, hated crowded places.

Ritsu gets off the main street. If he wants any luck in trying to find Len, he would have to look through the alleys around the main road.

He knows the blonde has the entire map of the city's alleyways in his head. He could walk them blind.

I look around to find nothing. Everywhere I can see nothing but body, after body, after body. Humans, bird- and cat-Ferae, and many others. Young, old, happy ones and sad ones. Depressed ones even.

'Why are there so many people on the main road?' I mumble.

I turn around again. It is way too crowded here right now. I wonder... Is there a festival going on? Festival's are not common, but they certainly aren't unheard of in the City. This center, as the humans call it, functions just like a city. This is why I call it so, a City. The City.

A nameless City, to be exact.

A city reigned by one man, though they whisper it's a council. A Council of 7 men, who decide everything there is. Festival's included.

I turn around again when I notice someone reaching for my tail. Growling I jump back a little, I can't get far for there isn't much room, but it'll have to do. It's a small, yes, smaller than me, boy. A human with blonde hair and blue eyes, dressed in a green, laced up tunic and brown shorts above brown heavy boots. He smiles at me and walks forward, reaching his small hands out in front of him.

'Whaite wone!' He exclaims happily, a big smile on his pale face. 'Whaite wone!'

I frown, watching as he walks closer, though, I couldn't call it walking. It's shaky and uncoordinated, but he's not stumbling or limping. The boy's not hurt, but he walks strangely.

Is this a way children walk?

When he gets even closer he stumbles and drops down in front of my feet. I scoot back a little. What am I supposed to do now?

'Are you alr-?'

Before I can even clearly finish my sentence the boy starts crying. I clasp my hands over my ears.

Geez! That's so loud! He only fell?!

Sighing I walk closer, then set my knees down to the street next to the human boy. He sits up rubbing at his large blue eyes flooded by tears. I resist the urge to smile, he looks funny like this, all hopeless and crying. It'll get twisted when he grows older, then he'll be the one trying not to laugh at the pathetic-ness of the Ferae. For sure, the roles will switch when the boy grows older, and we grow poorer.