#23 - Our Synchronized Beats

Kanon

-----------------------------------------

Our Synchronized Beats

-Shinkuro shite kodou-

-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------☆~

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW, VOTE AND COMMENT DESU~

------------------------------------☆~

When I feel hands grab for my shoulder I wake up with a headstart. Still barely awake my body functions on instinct alone.

It's a good thing someone managed to pull back the person by my head-side of the bed.

It takes a few seconds before I realize what happend.

'Akira. I'm sorry, but you shouldn't scare me like that.' I sigh out putting the knife back under my pillow.

He simply nods, so shocked he can't speak for a while.

Usagi stands behind him, still semi-holding onto his right sleeve. She pulled him back, and in time too.

I mouth a small "thanks" to her and she nods, leaving the room.

Sighing again I sit up, then put my head in my hands. It's still not right, in there. It hurts, but it's not a headache. It's weird, because I can even tell what I'm feeling isn't my own pain, which means that it can't be something related to by ability to sense it, because then I wouldn't be able to notice. No, the weird thing is, is that I do know why my head hurts, but every time I try to localize it, it slips away.

'What's wrong, Shin-sama?'

Now he knows we're alone Akira has started addressing me the way he normally does, or, like he always has, anyway. I look up to see him walk closer, but not so close I can reach out to touch him.

He just learned a valuable lesson: "never get too close to a sleeping Len". He's not the first to learn it either.

Ritsu has six sisters living at the shrine, and in the first few days he stayed there one of them tried to wake me up.

If it wasn't for Ritsu hearing the tray with the miso soup crashing to the floor, and immediately rushing into the room, I might have actually choked his sister.

Only when he called out for me I "woke up", and let go of her throat. I appologized, and later explained what happened to Ritsu, but she hadn't been close to me again for at least half a year after that.

I scared her, because she had scared me.

It is something I cannot control, other than having someone with me to snap me back awake. It's instinct, and I can't recall what it is that must've made me scared enough to grab for either a knife or try to choke someone when they reach for me when I'm sleeping.

Luckily Ritsu came up with a plan after that.

'Shin-sama? Are you alright?'

I shake my head no to clear my head, and as the signal no.

'Next time you try to wake me up please just nock on the door, or tickle the underside of my foot, then I know it's someone I can trust. Again, I'm sorry I scared you.'

Akira listens then nods. I wave my hand, as for signaling he can leave, but he doesn't.

'Akira.' I say, looking at how his eyes are glazed over a bit, like he's deep in thought. He doesn't react for a while, but then snaps his head towards me.