#18 - Now are you ready to go?

Kanon

-----------------------------------------

Now, are you ready to go?

-Saa, ikou ka?-

-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------☆~

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW, VOTE AND COMMENT DESU~

------------------------------------☆~

As I walk down the silent roads in the dark I try to keep my eyes open for as long as I can. It's hard. I'm sleepy and worn out. 'Maaa nee... Maybe I shouldn't have gone tonight after all...' I sigh out rubbing my left hand over my eyes.

But she needed it, if I'd waited another day they would've gotten their fangs on her. She could be dead.

As I turn the last corner and walk upon the grass surrounding the temple I can hear him walking. Forth and back, up and down the small patch of pavement close to the temple's front door. And when he finally sees me his eyes turn from worried to angry.

He's still dressed in one of the robes he normally sleeps in, this one is green, and doesn't stand out that much in the light of the candle he's holding in his right hand. His ears are folded up against his head, but his tail, although lower than usual, still illustrates his dominant pride. His bow hangs loosely around his shoulder, arrows around his waist, their crystal tips shining in the candlelight.

'Where were you?!' He whispers, his voice shaking with anger. I don't answer for a while, but merely stumble towards him. I'm too tired to lie, too sleepy to explain. 'Job.' I manage to choke out stumbling through the front door past him, towards my room.

My room isn't far from the front door, just down the hall, 3rd door. With my right hand I hold myself up along the wooden wall, my left hand holding on to my staff, trying to stay upright until I get to the door. But when I push the handle down I almost fall inside. Ritsu grabs my right wrist and pulls me up again.

'Let go.' I sigh out, eyes half lidded. But instead of letting go he firms the hold, so far that it hurts. I try to pull out but loose my balance and fall half to my knees as he still holds me up by my arm while setting the candle down on a cupboard.

I wince slightly as he pulls me to my feet again roughly. In the movement my staff falls from my grip. With a few metallic thuds it stays on the floor as my knees give away and I slump back against Ritsu, barely able to stay awake. 'Oi, you OK?'

I can't even bring myself to shake my head.

His left arm secures itself around my waist but I barely feel it. 'Oi! Len!' The dark in front of my eyes starts spinning, so hard until I feel like throwing up. But I can't move. I open my mouth to speak, but the words won't come out, and when I give up and try to close it, I've lost control of the muscles.

Then everything get's white, before my mind clears, and my sight fades to black.

Luckily for Ritsu the sleeping boy isn't heavy, he never was heavy to begin with, or he himself has just always been strong enough to carry him around. He puts the boy down on the bed and starts unbuckling his shoes before he pulls him under the covers. He can hear the boy sigh quietly.

'Could you just use the front door next time you decide to come by?'

'Oh, so you do use entire sentences!'

Ritsu doesn't even have to look to know who it is. It's the way he stands there, his braided hair shining silver in the light seeping through the window. The sword at his side, and the robe he wears.

'Akira.'

'Ritsu.'

'How have you been?' Akira asks, slowly stepping forward, back straight, eyes focused on the sleeping form in front of him.

'Quite well. You?'

'Good, concerning the circumstances.'

'Is that all?' Ritsu asks, gripping the arm of the man as he tries to touch his sleeping friend. 'You come here after 9 years and expect me to just let you enter my house?'

The man pulls his arm loose, and laughs quietly. 'Don't be mistaken.' He says, looking Ritsu in the eyes before he whispers the last part. 'I never left.'

He smiles and deadpans: 'And, no matter how you look at it I'm already inside!'

'How did you get in anyway?!' Ritsu sneers at him, startling the man, who stays quiet for a second before he start laughing.

'Well... Obviously... Not through the front door.' He managed to speak between laughs.

At this Ritsu's patience runs out. He gets his bow off of his shoulder, grabs one of his arrows and pulls the string tight.

'Now... What is it you want?' He asks in a calm voice, shaking with anger.

Akira stops laughing immediately and looks at Ritsu. Blue eyes pierce through to lime-green ones, but those are not wavering. 'Why did you come here?' Ritsu repeats, tightening his hold on the arrow.

'To talk of course. You still haven't told me,' He pauses and looks at Len. Then he closes his eyes and sighs deeply, like he's trying to block something out. And when he finally opens them again he looks pained.

'How you met him.'

Ritsu pushes him aside and sits on the edge of the bed next to the sleeping boy's feet. 'Sit.' He says, looking at the man in front of him, who does as told and sits down on the floor.

'It's a long story.'

Akira opens his mouth to say something but a single look from Ritsu manages to shut him up.

'And you know I don't like to talk too much.'

'But I'll make an exception for this one time.'

------------------------------------☆~

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW, VOTE AND COMMENT DESU~

------------------------------------☆~