Chapter 40- Reflection

Chloe's POV

A few days ago...

"Yeah about that, I think I know who's behind all of this..." I muttered. They both turned their heads in my direction, awaiting my answer.

"It was James..."

"Can I just say that: I'm not surprised at all." Mari spoke.

"Yeah, me neither to be honest. I remember one of them calling me a- uh, "tomato head", so it must be him since he said that to me once." Nath added.

"But the lingering question is why?..." I replied.

Present:

I took a deep breath before knocking on the maple door. I waited a few seconds before hearing footsteps approaching. It was opened and I was faced with cold brown eyes.

"Well, well. what a pleasant surprise to see you here dear cousin." He spoke his voice feigning shock.

"Hello James, can I come in?" I asked my voice void of emotion.

"Why-! Of course, Chloe!" He snarkily responded leading me into the house.

I sat down on the couch across from James, while he was staring me down waiting to hear why I had decided to intrude on him today. I did my best to keep my face blank because he could usually read people's faces. I will not let him get to me. I'm stronger than this for crying out loud!

He clasped his hands together, "So... tell me, why are you here?" He asked irritated.

"Now, now James. You're acting like I can't visit my dear Aunt and Uncle."

His face scrunched up from the statement, "Chloe, I do not have time for this! Now, tell me why you're really here?"

It's always like him to be impatient. Always wanting to get the point... "Like you don't know." I scoffed.

He huffed, "Well, you are the one that came over without any warning."

"Gee, I wonder where I got that idea from..." I replied sarcastically.

"Can you be serious for just one second!" He growled.

"Fine, I will cut to the chase. I know that you are behind what happened with Nathaniel."

"So," He shrugged.

"So?! He got injured because of you!" I shouted, angered by his short response.

"Well, obviously he needed to know his place so I showed him." He answered flatly.

"No one deserves to get beat up like that. But then again, I should've expected this from you."

"Nice to know you know me so well, dear cousin." He chuckled dryly.

"I'm just shocked you admitted to it so easily." I responded.

"Cause I know you won't say anything."

"Oh and how sure are you about that?" I asked.

"Because Chloe, you're scared of me." He said leaning forward in his seat as though to try to intimidate me.

I laughed at his statement, "I'm not scared of you James. You have no power over me!" I claimed.

"I could easily have your boyfriend thrown back into hospital, so you better watch what you say to me." He growled.

"You won't get your way James, not this time..."

Marinette's POV

It's Friday afternoon and Adrien is coming over for a movie night. Thanks to Chloe, he is no longer grounded since his dad adores her. I made sure to tell him to wear the onesie I made while I had mine. Mine's a Chat Noir version and his is Ladybug, kind of like if we switched miraculous for a day. Alright I should probably check if I have snacks... croissants, brownies, banana bread, cookies for Tikki, and oh ice cream! Drinks: uh water and soda. Looks like I have everyth- wait I should get some camembert for Plagg!

*Ding Dong*

Oh he's here!!! I rushed to door and opened it. "Hi kitty." I spoke as I let him through the door.

"Hi Princess, excited for our movie date?"

"Oh yes!!! I even have snacks set on the counter." I exclaimed.

"That's great Mari!! I've missed you so much these past few weeks." He spoke before pulling me into an embrace.

"I missed you too, Adrien."  I basked in his warmth enjoying being in his arms.

"Can I just say... you look adorable in that onesie."

I giggled and leaned up to rub my nose against his, "Why thank you kitty, looking extra cute yourself."

"Ugh, I thought we were going to watch movies, not you two cuddling up to each other." Plagg groaned.

"Well you don't mind when I cuddle you." Tikki replied with a smirk which left Plagg speechless for once.

I chuckled in response, "Aww you guys are so cute." I gushed.

"I never thought I would see the day that Plagg has no comeback." Adrien added.

"Oh shut it kid." Plagg piped up.

"Alright, kitty can help me bring the snacks over to the living room."

"Of course, m'lady."

Once all the snacks were placed in reach and movie was set up on the tv. Adrien and I cuddled up on the couch. I choose the first movie of the night which is one of all time favorite movies Mulan! She's on my favorite Disney princesses, for just trying to be true to herself. We are at the part where she starts singing the song reflection and I couldn't help but sing along. 

"Who is that girl I see. Staring straight, back at me. Why is my reflection someone I don't know. Somehow I cannot hide. Who I am. Though I've tried. When will my reflection show who I am inside. When will my reflection show who I am inside." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                       Author's Note

Zee&Skittle: And another chapter done!!!

Zee: Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! We are nearing the end of the book. So please be patient with us if we don't update right away. Thank you for all the support and sweet comments you leave for us.

Zee&Skittle: 'Till the next chapter PEACE!!!