Chapter 35- To Tie a Loose Knot

Chloe's POV

It was currently 4 pm, Sabrina and I were sitting in my room with an assortment of snacks and drinks.

"So what movie do you wanna watch?" She asked.

"How about Tangled?" I suggested.

"Oooh, good idea."

I stood up and searched through my DVD collection and put the movie into the DVR. I went back and sat beside Sabrina and grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into my mouth. The trailers started to play as we munched on snacks.

"So am I ever going to get a full story of what happened these past few weeks or what?" She questioned.

I sighed, "I don't even know where to start..."

"Hmm, how about why you left the trip early?"

"Well, that seems like a good place to start. I left the trip early because I just needed time away to think of what I have done to Marinette and Adrien. My gut was telling me what I was doing was wrong, and so... I left. I took those days before we had to go back to school to just think about it all. One night it all kinda just- hit me..." I paused before continuing, "So that night, I decided it was time I changed. That I should make amends with all the people I've treated so terribly. That night opened my eyes to things that I never realized before..."

"Like what?" She asked softly.

"I wanted to end that dreadful plan but James wouldn't let me b-because..." My breathing quickened at the memory, his stone-cold brown eyes staring me down as if I lost control of myself from that deadly stare. 

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder bringing me back to reality. "We can always have this conversation later or whenever you're ready." She spoke reassuringly.

I glanced in her direction as I controlled my breathing, "I-I'm fine," I gently held her hand and placed it back into her lap. "I just needed a second... I really need to able to tell someone this because it's just eating me up inside... H-He... threatened to hurt Nathaniel because he thought I had feelings for him."

Sabrina's eyes widened in shock of the confession.

"Well.. turns out he was right. I do have feelings for Nathaniel and...w-we're together."

"W-wait what?!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"Uh, we're tog-" 

"I heard you the first time, it's just wow I never saw that coming honestly."

"You and me both. When I realized that I did- It felt like all my feelings hit me in the face! He's such an amazing guy and for him to like me back is the greatest feeling in the world!" I felt a smile form on my face as I thought of Nath. His beautiful blue eyes, his fire-red hair that was always styled a certain way and gosh his smile...

Sabrina clasped her hands in mine, "I'm really happy for you Clo!" She grinned.

"Thank you, so that sums up my life at the moment. Anyway, enough about me, what's going on with you?" I asked.

"U-Uh.. n-nothing much! J-just same old you know..." She stuttered.

"Hmm you sure about that, you know can tell me. I'm great at keeping secrets."

She sighed, "Well... you've already been so honest with me, so it would be only fair if I did the same. I'm....dating someone."

My jaw dropped. "WHO?!" I exclaimed wanting to know the answer.

"M-Max..." She whispered.

"TOH MY GOSH! That's great Brina! Maybe we should go on a double date sometime." I replied while smiling.