𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛: 𝑇𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑅𝑖𝑑𝑒

❝ 𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑑
𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝑦𝑒𝑎ℎ
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑
𝐼𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦...❞

***

When Elouise has passed the hotel the boys were staying at in the morning, there had been people gathered around it. She felt a pang of guilt, thinking that that was probably partially her fault.

Now, however, she was driving home and some of them had subsided, so she wasn't really thinking about it anymore.

What she was thinking about was how she'd probably never see George again in her life. It shouldn't have bothered her. She really had known this since she'd first met him, but something in her was still disappointed.

She cursed herself for thinking about George. She didn't want to be thinking about him.

She shamefully wished she'd just never met him.

***

"George, you forgot these."

George turned around and John tossed a pair of trousers at him. Thinking quickly, he reached out and caught them. He had good reflexes. Perhaps it was the guitar playing. Wordlessly, George shoved the article of clothing into his bag.

John looked around at the other two, who were giving him a look.

"Come 'ead, Geo, you can't possibly be thinking about Miss Elouise anymore, can you?" Paul asked.

"Of course not," George lied. He looked around the room again, making sure that there wasn't anything else he'd forgotten. When he was sure that he hadn't forgotten anything, he looked out the window at the group of people gathered outside of the hotel and immediately felt a wave of sorrow. He remembered that he was going to have to force his way through there and he became discouraged all over again.

On top of that, he'd never see Elouise again.

Much like Elouise, George was upset that he was so torn up over his newfound friend. He had never meant for it to be like this.

Behind George, the door opened. He turned around. Brian was standing in the doorway, a slightly sympathetic look on his face. He knew that the boys hated the crowds. He wagered that the crowds finding the boys had something to do with thee girl that he had caught with George yesterday. He didn't mention it, though, because he'd been told by John that George seemed really upset over the girl. John, of course, had been teasing George, but Brian genuinely felt bad for him.

"Okay," Brian said to them, taking note of how gloomy George looked. "We're gonna go out the back. There aren't as many people back there. Even so, there won't be much time for you to get out there before the rest of them catch onto you and start going back there. You've got to be quick."

George nodded, but didn't move from where he was standing.

He continued to stand and look out the window until he heard John's voice from behind him. "C'mon, Georgie. Time to go now."

Finally, he tore his eyes away and turned around, picking up his suitcase and guitar case. "Okay," he said flatly.

John had always seen George as a little brother. That's practically what he was. He'd been there when George needed someone to defend himself and whenever he needed advice. It's what George wouldn't admit that he adored about John. John's constant obsession over George sometimes annoyed him, but other times it was the very thing that reminded George of his worth.