𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛: 𝑇𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑅𝑖𝑑𝑒

Start from the beginning

"C'mon, George. It's okay," John tried to console. "There's plenty of fish in the sea."

"I know!" said George frustratedly. "That's just it. There's so many and I'm hung up on one I've known for three fucking days." He looked down at the ground sadly. Every now and then, his guitar case would bump into his leg. He watched as it swayed around by his side.

John didn't know what he could say to help George. His opportunity was shut down altogether when the others called for them to catch up.

"John, George, keep up! We haven't got all day."

George didn't look up. John watched as he sped ahead of him. With a sigh, he followed.

The five of them made their way down to the door they'd been stepping out of. They were told to book it to the car waiting for them outside. They really had known this already. It's what they always had to do. They were always running from a crowd. They hated it. Sometimes, they just wished that they could be normal, just like everyone else. What made them so different? Fame? Lousy excuse. No one should be bombarded constantly.

No one.

The ear-piercing screaming followed them all the way to the entrance to the plane. George tuned it out, just like he always did.

***

When the Harts arrived at the airport with their luggage in hand, they were immediately surprised by the amount of screaming that was going on around them. All except for Elouise, of course. She knew why people were screaming. For a moment, her mother had been worried that someone was being hurt, but Elouise had told them that the Beatles were leaving today.

"How do you know?" questioned Ava with curiosity in her eyes.

"Do you think they'll be on the plane with us?" added Anna.

Elouise hesitated and her mother took note; although the twins didn't seem to notice, nor did Lizzy. "I heard it at work," Elouise said evenly. "And, I'm not sure, Anna. Maybe we will be."

Both of the twins looked giddy with excitement now. Elouise had a gut feeling that they would be on the same plane as the band, and the thought horrified her. She kept her head down as they walked in, watching the hand of Ava next to her to make sure she didn't stray to far from her mother and sisters.

Suddenly, Ava gasped, and Elouise's head shot up. "There they are!" Ava exclaimed. Elouise knew who she was talking about without having to follow her pointing finger. Nonetheless, it was made even more real when she saw George in front of her.

He didn't look happy in the slightest. He was looking around at all the screaming girls in dismay. He tried hard to hide it, but Elouise could see straight through the façade.

The five of them watched as the Beatles were hustled towards their plane. Even after they disappeared, people continued to scream. To Elouise, it just seemed like overkill at this point. She was glad that Anna and Ava weren't like that. They'd already met the boys. It didn't seem like they needed to scream.

When the four Liverpudlians we're out of sight, the family continued their journey over to find their way onto the plane.

Most of the journey was a blur. It wasn't until they were finally boarding the plane that Elouise began to feel dread again.

George was situating himself one his seat at the front of the plane. If there was anything he was excited about, it would certainly be the food. The best thing about flying was the food and the peace. No one screamed at them on planes. They all got time to lay back and sleep when they were in the air. It was glorious.