"Is that why you're crying? " she asked

"Mummy, I'm scared "

"Scared of what?" She asked me taking my hands in hers again and I looked at her

"I'm scared something will happen to you especially during labour "

"Ohhh Jasmine no. Sadly Felicia's mum died but nothing will happen to me. I'll be fine, I'm fine now "

I shook my head unconvinced "What if --"

"Shhh " mum cut me short pressing her index finger gently on my lips

"Listen. I understand how you feel but crying won't help it. The way you're crying ,you must have imagined something happened to me but I assure you that nothing did and nothing will happen. I'm here for you.  I'm being strong for you and the twins. Look here, I won't want to bring a child or even children into this world and deny them of a mother's love and protection. My dear, I'm not going anywhere until I see little Jasmines running around and scattering everywhere "

I smiled at that and she laughed gently "You see. Just pray because I can't be by your side every second so pray for me. That's the only way you're sure I'm protected. We are not divine, we see what we see but you know and I'm saying it again that I promise to be strong for you and the twins. You three are my top priority. Do you know how much I love you?  I've not even given birth to the twins but I already love them and try not to endanger them and protect them. Now imagine how I feel for you, you that has been in my life for fourteen years and counting. Jasmine never doubt that I'll do all within my power to stay by your side.  I brought you into this world and I'll never leave you wanting. Am I clear?"

"Yes ma" I nodded and hugged her

"Just pray constantly. You'll be fine and so will your friend. Okay?"

"Yes ma " I said and wiped the tears threatening to spill and mum stroked my cheek

"It is well"

I nodded

"Thank you ma "

"It's okay "mum said "just pray, you'll be fine "

***************

Saturday came and the family meeting was held and dad's elder brother , Uncle Joe which we all called "Daddy J" scolded dad a lot for hitting mum and actually supported mum earning him anger from grandma and my aunties. They claimed he was giving mum the go ahead to disrespect them. I thanked God that mum still had Daddy J to support her even after the lies grandma and my aunties cooked up just to make mum look bad.

I wasn't too happy when I heard mum crying after the meeting and when dad joined her in the room , she shouted at him for joining forces with his mother and sisters to drive her crazy and just like that another argument broke out which ended when mum walked out on dad and refused to listen to his accusations.

How sad that her own husband was trying to bring her so low but I knew my mum. She was strong , she would get over it. She would win.

Grandma left after the meeting to go and take care of Grandpa who couldn't attend the meeting because he was not feeling too well but Aunty Ebere remained here and I knew she was staying to make trouble but I prayed just as mum advised.

We wrote our first test in school after which we went on mid-term break and during the break, Jemima, Bimpe and I went to see Felicia.  She and her three bothers looked like they were barely pulling through.  We were happy and thankful to God for the smiles we were able to put her face. We loved our friend and we needed her to know that we were there for her. We couldn't take away the pain her mum's death caused neither could we fill the void in her heart but we could help her heal and we wanted to do so especially with the knowledge that she would have done same if it were any of us.

As we left Felicia's place, I thanked God for the people I held dear, for my loved ones , mum, my grandparents, uncles and aunties, cousins and friends and I thanked God for himself because he was also very dear to me

I prayed regularly as mum advised me to do for her and I couldn't help this peace I felt after each prayer.

Thank God!

-------

Hello there,

Have you ever experienced what Jasmine did because I know I have.
When my uncle died, I felt really sad especially when I remembered his children and wondered how they would feel without their father and I suddenly felt 'how would life be without my father?' and I started crying seriously but in the end I calmed down and prayed about it because that's the only way you can be sure of everything and anything.

Have you also once thought about your life and thanked God for the good things you had?
It's really good because apart from God smiling down on you, you could realise that you have more blessings than you thought.

It's better to thank God for the things you have than nag about the things you don't have.

As they say, don't tell God how big your problems are but tell your problems how big your God is.

😊😊😊😊

Don't forget to read, vote and comment.

😉😉😉😉😉