Ch.8 A Little Motivation

Start from the beginning

Consistency. She says to herself while keeps on going.

"Time!" Aratani says while getting up. Sakusa and Komori watches as Miyuki sets it higher as she goes back and does her approach, but she had to receive it away from the wall again. Baam! The ball hits the wall that is to her right side. She does an 'away shot'.

*Away Shot - Hitting the ball away from your body to get the sharp cross in 🏐*

She lands softly and pants as she slowly straightens her back and shoulders to stand tall. To Aratani, Miyuki is the most athletic girl on the team, she points out she has tone legs and shoulders along with Miyuki showing her abs forming. Miyuki would be embarrass as the other girls especially Kairi and Mai slapping it to make sure. She was displeased but got used to it.

She sighs as she puts the ball back in the storage. And then notice Sakusa and Komori as she bows. "I'm going to shower." As she walks in the locker room. Her bangs sticking to her forehead while her hair was braided into a low ponytail before she took the rubber band off.

"We'll be waiting outside." Aratani says as they all went outside.

Sakusa's POV

I am impress. She was doing that thing for a long time. Very consistent. Really satisfying to watch that. I waited outside while thinking about her as Aratani and Komori were talking. Until Miyuki closes up the gym and walks out. I smelled coconut again.

She washed her hair. I notice she's looking at us while having her mask on. "Let's go." She says softly as we all went to the station. We stopped at a convenient store because Komori and Aratani are hungry.

"I'm sorry." Miyuki bows to her friend. Aratani waves her hands at her. "It's ok. Are you hungry?" Miyuki shakes her head. "My auntie made dinner for me." I stayed outside as Aratani gestures her to go. Miyuki bows and then says goodnight before Aratani went inside. Komori comes up to me.

"You can go too. I know you both live in the same area." I nod while following Miyuki.

Not knowing that Komori's smiling before going in the store.

Komori's POV

It's funny, he doesn't want to admit it. He's catching feelings for her. I watch him watch Miyuki in class and when we go to the gym to see her practicing late.

I tell Aratani about this as she smiles. "They're like a boy and girl version of each other. So cute." I blush. You are cute too.

Aratani then looks at me after coming out of the store. "I'll tell you everything I know about Miyuki-chan." I nod as I would do the same in return. I was amazed when she told me that Miyuki wears a mask in order for her face washers and cleaning products stays on her face and doesn't get expose to the air. She doesn't like when she touches her face with her dirty hands or anybody touching her in general.

Similar to Sakusa. The girl version. I like the ring to it. She's amazing.

Miyuki's POV

It was a full moon today. All I can think of is how tired I am, hungry, and satisfied. I want to do more. I put on my earbuds on the train ride to the station and walking to the housings. I walked to the beat, the rhythm, the audio. (Joke's on you - Charlotte Lawrence)

I've lied for you, and I liked it too

But my makeup's ruined

And now I'm laughing through my tears

I'm crying through my fears, but baby, if I had to choose

The Joke's on You

I walked like I'm a psycho coming out of a toxic relationship. Joke's on him for playing me. I smiled as the wind blows through my hair as I took off my mask to enjoy the cool air and the shinning full moon that lit the place around me a little bit.

My heart's gone bad, now it won't beat for you

You had your laugh, now I won't play the fool

"The Joke's on you." I whispered melodiously. Matching my voice to the singer and smiling to myself.

As the song ends, I didn't put on my mask and walked silently for a minute. But I hear a stick snapped as I pull out my pepper spray. I turn and glare at a guy who even flinches away from the stick and looks at me dumbfounded.

Sakusa?

Sakusa's POV

I am a few feet away from her as I see her dancing a little like a psycho path. What the hell is she listening to?? The wind blows there her hair, even my mask couldn't shield me from the scent of her hair.

"The Joke's on you." My heart was beating faster as I heard her sing. She sings? I stepped a little closer but I heard a stick snap underneath me as I see her turn around so fast with a pepper spray in hand.

Even if she glares at me, she looks cute. Her blue eyes under the full moon made her more beautiful as I couldn't find the words to speak.

She sighs in relief then straightens up. "It's just you." She walks away and puts her mask back on. I caught up to her as I see her looking straight ahead with her hands in her jacket pockets. To break the silence, I wanted to talk to her. Hear her voice.

"You're consistent when you practiced with the wall." I began, looking at her to see if she's listening to me.

"I'm trying to stay consistent all the way." She answers with a soft voice but I could hear her clearly. "It's called, Ball Control."

"Well, you have a lot of Ball Control." I complemented and it just made my heart pound again. She hums and continued to walk.

"I would like to see the #1 Ace in Japan play sometime." She stops just a few feet from her house and look straight in my eyes. Her eyes gave me chills that ran up my spine. What's worse for me, I began to feel my face burning up because she took off her mask and I can see her face more clearly.

Her clear, flawless face. It looks soft to touch as I see her lips parted a bit to give a small smile. She jawline was indeed visible as she faces me.

"Seeing Itachiyama's Ace in action might give me more motivation on becoming the Ace for the Girls. Other than watching Sakiko Shimamura's matches in the Nationals, I'm sure seeing an official Ace in person will be inspiring." I couldn't speak. I was so frozen by her beauty.

Even the wind wasn't by my side since it blew her hair and gave me the coconut smell again.

"Y-you should come and watch me some time then." I tried not to stutter. She hums in response. Before turning to her house, she bows.

"Goodnight, Sakusa." She looks at me while standing straight and turning around to go in her house. Not waiting for me to respond.

"Goodnight, Shimotsuki.....chan." I whispered before turning around to go home.