Chapter 39: Secret

"I-I just thought I should consult uncle Alwyn about this." I weakly said as I avoided his gaze. Mew looks so pissed right now that I swear he can make a person disabled just with his eyes. "I'm not sure yet if that email meant something or it's just a prank to scare me so I have to at least address it legally."

"Babe..." he said, frustrated as he ran his fingers through his hair. "In this harsh world, you cannot rely on the power of law alone! There are people who break the law and they won't even have to deal with it because of their great influence!"

"I'm sorry."

"Gulf this is not a joke and I was hoping you would tell me everything but you didn't! Now look what happened!"

"I'm sorry!" I insisted and that made him stop. "I was skeptic the whole time because I don't have any enemies and my friends... well I know them all, they will not do such a thing. Let alone prank me with an email that has a hideous picture attached."

He heaved a sigh as he nod his head. It took him a few moments before he can actually calm down. Mew looks at me with gentleness in his eyes before grasping my hand.

"I'm so sorry if I raised my voice babe. I was just worried that the worst could've happened if I didn't follow you right away." he bit his lip as he looked at my bleeding wound. "We'll get you treated first okay? They cannot touch you while I'm around; I'll make sure of that."

His voice radiated with so much concern and conviction. I almost forgot that his father owns the biggest security agency in Thailand and nothing is impossible in protecting me if he would really want to. Somehow, I feel reassured that he's doing things for me. No one really cared about my well being up to this level except him. My friends cared, especially Sky, but the reassurance that I got from Mew everytime he speaks is just something that I can't overlook nor ignore.

It took us just fifteen minutes until we reached the hospital. I was immediately rushed to the emergency room and doctors and nurses flocked around me as they started to check my wound.

Mew explained everything to the doctor and mentioned that I was shot by a gun. The emergency room went on chaos as they attended to all of my needs.

The doctor ask me to lay down on the bed and I gladly complied. They injected a lot of medicines in me and in just an instant, I felt numb all over my body.

"Check his vital signs again. I'll quickly prepare for the extraction of the bullet." the doctor in his late 30's said as he went somewhere.

"Babe be strong okay? Please be strong..." Mew's voice was laced with pain and concern. It pains me to see him this way because the Mew that I know won't even show this vulnerable side of him.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry too much." I smirked and he frowned, almost pouting that I can't help but smile.

"Sir please wait outside while we are extracting the bullet." the nurse said but Mew didn't even move a muscle. "Sir please."

"Mew, go." I commanded him and he took a deep breath before nodding. He looked at me one last time before actually stepping back and that's when the nurse pulled the curtains to a close.

The extraction of the bullet in my shoulder started shortly after the doctor came. I was awake when the doctor started disinfecting my wound again. I can't feel anything when he touched it and weirdly, I'm not even dizzy, given that I lost a lot of blood.

"We'll start now sir. This will be a quick extraction so you don't have to worry." the doctor's eyes smiled at me and I was left with no choice but to nod and let him do his job.

I closed my eyes as they started the operation. I can feel a slight tingling sensation on my shoulder but other than that, there's nothing to it anymore.