Chapter 34: Scars Of The Past

"You tried to end your life?" Mew asked and I tried to step back when we got out of the lift but he got me by the waist and gently pulled me back against him so I can't escape.

"Mew-"

"You tried to end your life?" he asked again with his jaw clenched, not taking any bullshits from me.

"I-I..."

"Sir Mew!" a woman's voice interrupted our heated talk as she came running towards us.

I wiggled out of Mew's grip but he wouldn't bulge until the woman faced us. She looked at Mew's hand on my waist and smiled at me before facing her boss again.

"Sir, I am so sorry to disturb you but the meeting for the investors are about to start. Ma'am Victoria and the others are now inside the conference room."

Mew took a deep breath before nodding at the woman. I have no idea who she is but I guess she's the secretary.

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Thank you Nat." he smiled at the woman before looking at me when she's already gone. "Go to your department and start working. We are going to talk at lunch. Go to my office and eat with me." he said in a serious tone before letting my waist go. "You keep on surprising me and I'm starting to hate your surprises Gulf." he growled before taking his leave first.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I stared at his broad back walking across the hallway. I can surely tell that he's not going to let this topic go easily. I forgot about that part last night because the things that happened to me are not entirely possible to discuss in just one sitting. I should've known better- we should've known better, but I guess we are just really blinded by the fact of having each other after years of being apart.

I sat on my desk and tried to ignore the curious eyes directed at me. I bit my lip as I browsed through my emails that are now bombarded with follow ups and revisions of some designs. I downloaded the files that needs my revisions and reviewed a floor plan that should be submitted to the head of department by noon.

So much for faking a sick day and going for a clean up drive only to end up in a slumber party with my ex. Great Gulf. Prioritize your long lost constant dick before your professional duties.

"Hey Gulf." said a woman's voice and I saw Wendy leaning on my desk while looking at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Yes Wendy?"

"So... you and sir Mew?" she smirked and poked my side. "Never thought you're his lover all this time." she smirked and I can't help but to smile before shaking my head.

"I'm not his lover-"

"Not his lover my ass." she rolled her eyes and leaned closer. "He held your hand earlier and the whole building knows already! Oh my gosh! I never thought I'll be seeing an office romance and it's like I'm in a Yaoi story! Oh my gosh!"

She's basically hyperventilating.

I heaved a sigh as I shook my head. "Wendy, you don't have to make a big deal out of this. We're just... friends."

"Friends don't hold hands and look at you like you're his world!" she squealed and wiggled like she's an earthworm covered in salt. "So how many years have you been together already?"

"Yeah come on, share it with us!" Vince said, one of the gays here and leaned in front of my desk.

"Are you guys really a couple?" asked Jessica, another colleague.

Great! Now how can I finish a thing if they will bother me because of Mew. I can't believe my perception in life and my once normal everyday routine turned upside down in just one night!