Chapter 9: Harsh And Merciless

Weeks have passed and nothing changed between Mew and I. We remained the same and grew even closer as days passsed by. He would always prepare my breakfast - even walk me to my room and fetch me at the end of the day. I also heard rumors around the campus about our relationship and I don't really care about it. I know that what we have as of now is pure friendship and even though we are a couple inside the campus, we know what's really up between us.

It's a Saturday night and I just finished the booth with my block mates when I went out of the architecture building only to see Mew laughing with Mild and Sky while he leaned on his car. I ignored the bitter feeling about Sky being around because I know that what they had is something that does not concern me. I may feel irritated but I can't ask Mew to stop being friends with his ex. Besides, he does not know about my feelings yet. Yes I may have kissed him and he knew but I know deep inside me that he will never look at me as a possible boyfriend or even a man because I'm younger than him.

Mew stood straight as he saw me approaching them and both his friends looked at me. I stopped in front of them with my things on hand and Mew immediately went for it so he can put it inside the car. I can sense the malicious stares that Mild and Sky are giving but I couldn't care less. The things that don't concern me are also the things that I don't need to touch. The last thing I would want is to add another baggage of stress in my system.

"Let's go?" Mew asked with a big smile plastered on his face. I quietly nodded and ignored the two men that are standing beside the car. I was never friendly in the first place.

"Is this serious?" Mild asked and Mew looked at him like he got Mild's humor but I don't.

"What do you think?" Mew teasingly said and I rolled my eyes before going inside the shotgun seat. It's a good thing that I'm not facing them or they'll see how annoyed I am for their presence.

I closed the door and the three talked for a while. I even saw Sky shaking his head while Mild jumped up and down like he's being electrified or something.

Mew went inside the car and he immediately looked at me with the same smile he's having for the entire week. He is really starting to freak me out. I'm not sure if he's just happy because he's going home or he's happy because he finished his job on time.

Through the months that we are together, I found out that Mew does not like to take home his work because it screams incompetence. He likes to finish his workload in the office within the working hours so he can go home and rest without worrying about anything. He may be a laid back person if you don't know him personally but he is really hardworking.

"What are you cooking for dinner?" I asked. It's normal now for us to ask these questions. We've gotten pretty close and he knows that I can't cook - all I can do is eat and wash the dishes.

He pouted as he got his phone before showing it to me. "That one."

My eyes widened at the picture and looked at him with shock in my face. My heart started to pound hard as I looked at his mom holding two big paper bags in hand while standing in front of my condo's building.

"Your mom is coming over?" I asked and he nodded before he started the engine. "You didn't tell me!" I yelled and he chuckled like it's no big deal.

"What are you worried about?" he asked.

"I did not clean the place! I haven't had the chance throw the trash last night and I think I left our things scattered on the floor when you helped me cut out the cardboard earlier!" oh my goodness, why is he a fan of surprises? I hate surprises!

"Don't worry okay? My mom is not with your mom." he assured me but that is the least of my concern.

"Mew what if she finds the place dirty and she say something about how untidy I am as a person? What if-"