Chapter 22: I Did

I was excited the next day because of what may happen on Friday. I keep on smiling as I go through my closet on what should I wear for today. I still have a week left before the event but I'm still a little skeptical if I can pull off a stunt of being my father's son. The last event that I went to with one of my parents was when a conglomerate chairman invited my Dad to his birthday party and asked if he could bring me with him. It turns out Jennie is somewhat related to that chairman and she did everything so I can join the party.

But the event for next week is very different compared to my previous one. We will be there to expand Dad's connections and probably seek for partners in business.

I decided to wear a simple white shirt, paired with a wash out jeans and black converse. I can't help but to hum while getting ready to go out for today. Mew is only free during Sundays and today, he decided to spend the day with me outside.

Mew went out early in the morning to have breakfast with his Dad because they have matters to discuss as a family. He just left this morning and said that he'll fetch me at lunch. It's a good thing I woke up late or I'll have to wait for a little more for him.

I went out of my room with my phone and wallet when it rang displaying Mew's name on it.

"Hello?"

"Babe I'm outside of the building waiting for you. Are you done?" he asked and I smiled as I got the key card of my unit.

"Yeah I was about to go down." I said and started to walk straight to the door.

"Alright. I'll meet you here." I can sense him smiling even I don't see him before he bid his goodbye and ended the call.

I went down of the building and walked through the hallway until I saw him leaning on his car's door. I smirked at him and he raised his eyebrow as he looked at me from head to toe.

"What?" I asked and he smiled at me like something is funny. "What?" I chuckled and he pouted before pointing at me.

"You didn't see me leave earlier right?" he asked and I shook my head. "So we didn't plan to have a couple outfit right?"

My forehead creased and looked at his clothes and my jaw fell as I saw him also wearing a white shirt, faded jeans and converse!

He laughed and shook his head before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Your stalking skills is getting better babe."

"Who's stalking who?" I hissed and he chuckled.

"Uh... you? You're stalking me?"

"I don't have to stalk you. I know I can carry my clothes better." I confidently said and there's this amused look on his face before he agreed to me.

"If you say so... shall we go? I want to eat lunch."

I agreed and he quickly ushered me inside the gunshot seat. He closed the door before going around the car to get to the driver seat so we can leave.

We traveled around Bangkok until we stopped in front of one of the biggest malls there is. We parked the car and decided to just stroll around to find somewhere to eat. He draped his arm around my shoulder and I didn't protest when he did because I'm totally fine with it. We will not be questioned nor judged just because of a simple gesture.

"Where do you want to eat?" he asked and I shrugged. I honestly don't know. "Did you even eat breakfast earlier?" I shook my head. "Why?"

"I woke up late." I briefly said.

"How late?"

"Uh... 9AM?"

"Babe that's still early... it's almost one in the afternoon. You could've fried an egg at least then toast a bread."