Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ice's POV

I held on to the tall, black haired girl with flame tattoos that framed her face, and my frail sister stared at the boy with reddish hair and blue eyes. I wasn't sure what was going on. A girl that looked similar to the one I was holding on to had white hair and ice tattoos, kinda like my name. There was also a girl with black hair and colored streaks, and a boy that stood beside her had black hair and red eyes, and there was a woman with black hair. The girl set me down and I walked to my sister and held onto her tense hand, feeling it relax slightly.

"Well, lets start with introductions. I am Lydia, the alpha, and over there is my sister Hera, who is the beta. We are hybrids of were cat, vampire, shape shifter, and witch. My friend, Fox, is a werewolf. Over there is Shadow and Thorn who are mates, and they're both vampires. We are all thirteen. Then there is Elizabet. She's not part of the pack, but she teaches young witches and warlocks. Everyone, this is Snow and Ice. They are both Hybrids of were cat and demon. Snow is eight, and Ice is four," the girl with flame tattoos said.

"Ok, lets get the girls to go with me so I can take a look at Snow," the woman said. She led us to a door, and went through to a short hallway. We came to a door, and it opened by itself to reveal a room that reminded me of a room where the doctor looked to see if there was something wrong with you. I've only ever been there once before when mom and dad were still around.

"Okay Snow, hop onto the cot." Snow let go of my hand and sat on the cot. I went tp the corner nearest to her and slid down to a sitting position. I began to play with my long and dirty hair, picking pieces of dirt out, and twirling it to make it curly. I listened to the woman talk to my sister, asking questions about what all happened at our foster dad's house. I tuned it out, and continued to play with my hair. When there was no more dirt to pick out, I began to mess with my plain, gray dress that had food stains and dirt all over it. I've worn this dress since we lived in that horrible house, and not once was it ever cleaned. My sister though did not usually wear her clothes since she liked to be in her snow leopard form. I couldn't shift yet. I focused my attention back to Snow as the woman was healing the bruises and cuts in the matter of seconds by just waving her hand over it. The cuts glowed softly as the skin came back together, and the bruises glowed before they disappeared.

"Okay, you should be good now, but you will need to take it easy, and eat a lot of food so that you are to your regular weight. Now go, the others are waiting."

She shooed us out of the room back to the area where the others were. They were chatting, but I noticed that the boy with the red hair was sitting by himself. His eyes brightened as he saw Snow. I growled softly, not liking that the boy was looking at my sister.

Lydia's POV

Snow and Ice came back out of the room, and Snow did look a lot better, considering that she didn't have any more bruises or cuts. I saw Fox out of the corner of my eye, and he looked at Snow with happiness. Ice growled at him, and I inwardly chuckled, and made a small smile. I could understand why, she just wants to protect her sister, just like I would protect my own sister.

"Well I think that it's high time that we invited Snow and Ice to join the pack," I said. Everyone quickly agreed without hesitation, especially Fox. I could see it in his eyes he was eager for them to join, most likely that it was that Snow was his mate. Snow and Ice stayed silent though, thinking it though in there heads.

"Okay, we'll join, on one condition," Snow said, staring directly at me, "I want to be the healer of the pack. I've always had a way with herbs, and I want to be a healer, just like my mum. I want to make her proud," she finished. She looked down, and let a tear go down her eye. I moved forward, and knelt onto my knee so that I was lower than her, but not by much, considering how short she was. I wiped the tear from her eye and said softly, "There is no reason to cry. Yes, you can become the healer, and I'm sure your mother will be very proud. I know what it's like to lose my parents, and I was only five, and Hera never got to meet our parents. We know what it's like, so if you are ever in need of a friend, you and your sister can go to one of us, or any of the pack. We are a family, and we will not let you down."