Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Lydia's POV

"Sooooo, what kind of Hybrid are you?" I asked Leo.

"Werecat, vampire, and dragon," he replied.

Leo was sitting next to me, but he shouldn't try to pull anything, Hera and Shadow were still in the same room. Though, I could feel heat radiating from him in waves.

Would it be nice to have a mate? I guess it would, but I'm still wary.

"How old are you?" Leo snapped me out of my thinking.

Before I could speak, Hera answered, "We both just recently turned fourteen," she smirked and looked at me then him.

"Cool, I'm fifteen," he replied.

"Oooh, an older man. Lydia you lucky dog," Shadow teased.

"Oh shut up," I said as I threw another pillow at her.

"That's not gonna do you any good, ya know," Shadow then threw the pillow back and I nimbly caught it.

"Alright, lets just watch the movie," I told them.

They listened and stopped badgering me. Then Leo had the bright idea to put his arm around my waist. I stiffened at the touch, even though it sent electric sparks through me. Then, my body betrayed me, and so did my cat. My body leaned into him, it was like crashing into electric, it was just electric everywhere. I could tell that the panther in me was purring like a motorboat. Traitor. Then he just had to make the electric more noticeable by tracing patterns on my hip. Dammit.

The night passed into day, and Shadow and Hera left as soon as the sun came up.

"Tonight's the party, so make sure you're there, ok. Don't just hide out with your boyfriend."

Once again, I threw a pillow at her and she left.

"Well, what now?" I asked Leo.

He thought for a moment, and his face lit up, "How about we go into town? There's plenty to do there."

"Like what?"

"Shopping, for stuff like food, or ornamental stuff, just use your imagination," he told me.

"Alright, lead the way."

We exited the castle and went along a path until we reached a dock. A ferry took us across to the town that seemed to overflow with people. I had my money given to me by Elizabet, so I was well stocked. Leo, he didn't have that much money, he was on guard's pay.

"Where to first?" I asked him.

There were plenty of vendors, and Leo took my hand and led me through the people that milled around. He only stopped at a vendor that sold weapons. There were many types of weapons, mostly swords and daggers. My eyes finally landed on a bow and arrows. Without realizing it, I was walking towards it, until I was close enough to pick it up. It was very different than the ones that the natives gave us on the journey north. The one in front of me was expertly made. In my hands, it felt light, though I'm sure that the drawback is between fifty and eighty pounds, something that takes muscle to pull back.

"Lydia, I'm pretty sure that's too strong for you," Leo said as he tried to get the bow, but I kept it out of his reach.

"Nonsense," I scoffed.

I picked out an arrow and found a target that stood one-hundred yards away. I drew the arrow back so that the feathers tickled my face. I focused on the target, and let the arrow loose. It whistled through the air, and made a thud when it hit dead center. I smirked at Leo who looked pretty surprised.