Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alpha Jereb's POV

Venice, Italy, the meeting room

"What do you mean to tell me they're back!" I roared.

"They have been recruiting more humans to join them, and they have a twisted idea of us."

"Well I want something done about this."

"Jereb, you no longer hold that authority anymore."

He was right, I didn't, but I will have that title once again, and soon.

"You are right. But I am all you have until the new Alpha of Alphas decides to show up," and I smugly smiled to myself.

They started to discuss plans, and I listened to see their reasoning.

"We have to stop them at the source. We have to eliminate their leaders and capture the followers. These hunters are like insects. If you don't kill all of them, the numbers will just go right back."

The men nodded, agreeing with the representer of the dragons who spoke his idea.

"But we need to know who the leaders are."

"Good point. We will need to send several spies to gather information. Fredrick,  send some of your most skilled shape shifters."

The meeting continued on, and after a while, it finally ended. I left the room in a hurry, eager to get bach to my balcony from my room.

I opened the door, and the warm  night breeze whooshed past me, eager to get inside. The salty smell of the sea filled my lungs, and I watched as the dark waves crashed upon the shore. The night twinkled with stars, and the moon illuminated the night, creating an eerie glow. Warm arms wrapped around me and sent sparks through my body. I turned around and embraced the small frame of my mate, and a lemon scent filled my nostrils.

"I missed you," she whispered into my ear.

"I missed you too Gwen," I whispered back. My lips locked with hers, and all too soon broke apart.

She stepped out of the embrace, and her blonde hair shimmered as it moved, her aqua colored eyes looked navy blue in the moon's glow.

"So what have you been up to today?"

"I was watching my sister's kids. They're just so little and tiny and full of energy. I hope we can have kids like that someday," she sighed and stared of into space.

"Well not exactly alike, I want some of them to look like me," I said. She smiled and playfully punched me in the arm. I pretended to be hurt, and she said, "Oh, I didn't hurt you, you big baby."

"Hey!" I darted towards her, and she dodged, and playfully shrieked. She ran off, and I chased after her.

She was picking up speed while I was at my top speed, which could never compete to her slow speed. We darted past doors, and finally, I cornered her at a dead end. She turned around and gave a fake look of horror. I slowly crept up and tackled her to the ground.

"You think you're so funny, eh? Well lets see what happens if I tickle you!" I began to tickle her, and she began to laugh out.

"Stop it! Stop it! I can't. Ha ha ha! Breathe!" I stopped tickling her, and she panted for breath.

I got up, and she held her hand out, and I pulled her up. She smiled at me, and I smirked and picked her up and threw her over my back.

"Hey! What are you doin! Put me down!" She started to hit my back, but left me unfazed.