Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Gwen's POV

Venice, Italy

Jereb's jaw dropped, and took a step towards me away from the blonde bitch. I took a step back.

"Baby, I didn't know."

"That doesn't give you a damn excuse for you to go around screwing with other girls behind my back, you bastard! I trusted you! I gave you too many chances, and after all this time, tou haven't changed. You broke my trust and now, you will never see me again, and you will never, ever get to see my child."

"Don't you mean our child?"

"No. You will never deserve the title of a father, or an Alpha." I spat at him.

He became angry and took his hand to push me against the wall, making my feet dangle in the air.

"Listen here you little bitch. You will not leave this castle, and you do not call me out to be unfit to rule!"

"Too late for that asshole. I, Gwen Rinsto, reject you, Jereb Tali, as my mate."

His eyes paled as our connection broke, and he recoiled in pain as the rejection ripped my soul from his.I dropped to my feet and rubbed my neck. I took his pained moment as my retreat and ran. Being that I rejected him, I no longer belong to this pack. I ran through the corridors, looking for a way out. I passed open doors and people who were wandering around gawked as I flew past them to get out. In the distance, I could hear Jereb yell "Close the gates!" I ran faster, and reached a door that I threw open and bright sunlight streamed in. The clunking of metal sounded behind me and the guards emerged behind the corner in light coat of armor to move easily, and enough to deflect most damage. I ran across the drawbridge into the thick forest instead of the dirt road.

I leaped into the air and shifted into my glossy golden blonde wolf. I landed and took off like a bullet. I heard the loud ripping of armor as the werewolves shifted to chase after me. I picked up speed and narrowly dodged low hanging branches and scaling high growing thorns. A clearing emerged ahead and I leaped over the thick branches blocking its way. I sailed over it, not realizing it was a cliff. I fell through the air. Speeding towards the deep waters, I shut my eyes, and awaited the impact of water. I crashed into the warm water and thrashed out with my feet trying to go back up to the surface. My head emerged from the water and a tall wave crashed over my head, pushing me back down. I held my breath, and thrashed out with my feet. The waves moved me again and made me lose my way of which was up and which was down. I don't know where to go. The waves push me down further, and now my lungs are on fire. I can't breathe, but I am yearning for air to go through my lungs. My eyes open in the inky blackness, but shut again as the salt makes it burn. Panic grips a tight hold on me, and I thrash out, again and again, each time weaker than the last. This is where I'm going to die. I am going to drown, and I will never get to see my baby laugh, never get to see it smile, never see it first crawl, or first steps. Right now, I'm screwed. I thrash for the final time, too weak to do anything else. I feel myself sinking, unable to do anything about it. Hands reach out from the darkness, and I can feel them pull me in some direction, in which I do not know. I don't fight it. More hands push onto my fur, and I can feel myself emerging from the water. I take in deep gulps of air, and my lungs filled in happiness. I sighed, and felt the hands push me in a direction unknown to me. Soon, I feel sand beneath me, and the hands push me onto the shore. My soaked fur lets the sand cling to it, and I shift back to my human form. A light breeze blows over my bare skin, and I shiver from the cold. One of the hands grips my arm and my eyes travel to its owner. A woman with pale and slight blue tint skin, soaked aqua hair, and electric blue eyes stares into my face, studying my features. My eyes get caught to her tail where her legs should have been. Her tail is long, and is a light blue with a tint of green. Mermaids, of course.