Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The Queen's POV

"What?" my eyes shot up in surprise.

"Her eyes flashed purple mommy," he told me matter of factly.

All in the while, Falon just laughed and giggled the way infants do. Really it was adorable, wow, he'd have his hands full with her.

I leaned over to tell him, "Well, when ever you look into another's eyes and they flash purple, it means that fate has intertwined you two to be together," I explained.

"Wow, so does that mean that I won't have to be lonely anymore?"

"I guess it does," he smiled down at Falon, and she smiled back with her toothless grin.

Lydia's POV

Flying through the hallways frantically flapping my black wings, guards gave chase but couldn't keep up. Then one path was blocked. I misted through, avoiding bullets from burrowing into my flesh, instead they went right through the mist that I was. I  appeared once more as a black panther and took off like a bullet, my claws digging into the carpet underneath, propelling me forward faster. Leo was taking the other path and when we would meet up, we'd try to talk some sense to the council members. Just as I was going down another hallway, an enormous wolf blocked my path. He was just a bit taller than me, and he had brown fur the shade of bark. His eyes were deep almond in color. He snarled in anger at me, growling as I stood frigid. I misted once more and went past him to the end of the hall. Appearing, I took off, and he tore after me. Glancing behind me, I was losing him quickly and disappeared behind the corner from view. A lion appeared in view, Leo. We took off together to the council chambers, the sound of pounding from our feet was roaring in my ears. Finally breaking through to the room, the Alphas stood abruptly from their chairs, all of them were there, except Jereb.

"Now what in the name of Hades is going on here?!" demanded the werecat Alpha.

I shifted back to human form, Leo remained as a lion and sat on his haunches beside me.

"My daughter, she's a Hybrid," gasps went around the room," and so am I."

"Well that explains why she's more powerful than the rest of us."

"Kill her! She's an abomination and doesn't belong here!"

I snarled, "You try that and you yourself will end up dead, remember that."

"But what I'm here for is to reason with you all."

Some of them looked in disgust at me, unlike before, some though seemed wary.

"I am still the same as I was before you all have known I was a Hybrid. Though why is it that you all hate Hybrids so? Is it that you're afraid that they will take you're positions because they're stronger than you?"

"It's because they're dirty rogues and can't follow the rules."

"Oh yeah? Anyone can be a rogue. A hybrid is just like any one of you in here. The only difference is that they are born of several different types of magickal being."

"The magickal community must be preserved and has to remain pure. For that to happen Hybrids must be banned from existence."

"You people don't get it do you. We're all the same, it's just that I have more potential than the rest of you."

Then, thick, strong arms grabbed me from behind and cold metal pushed against the back of my head. I snarled and the arm just squeezed tighter around my neck, choking me.