Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Jereb's POV

Pacing back and forth in the study, I tried to formulate a plan. Along with me in the study, my beta was there in the spinning chair, leaning back and with his feet on the desk.

"So what is going through that dark, twisted mind of yours?" he asked curiously.

"I'm trying to think, and get your feet off my desk," I growled at him, livid that he might get dirt on the mahogany wooden desk.

His heavy feet clunked on the wooden floor, "Won't be your desk for long."

"Unless if I figure out a way to get rid of the brat."

"And how exactly are you going to do that? You're not the strongest creature out there anymore. She is," he pointed out to me.

"Well what if I found a way to get her trapped, though it will have to be very secure," very, I thought to myself

"If you even mange to do that, it'll be near impossible. From what I've heard, she's a decent fighter."

"I'll figure something out."

Lydia's POV

I sat in my plush bed, changed out of my dress into pajamas, pondering why I bother even trying with love and all that bullshit that goes along with it. Will it all even worth it in the end? Well, I don't know yet, I probably won't ever know the answer. Probably doesn't even matter. My eyes wondered to the balcony, looking out to the night sky. Hell with it all. My wings sprung from my back, tearing through my shirt leaving it in ruins. Ok, lets try that again. My wings shrunk back down and I found a suitable shirt and slit two holes in the back and slipped it on. Letting my black, velvety wings out, I tucked them in and went out to the balcony outside and dived off. Plummeting to the ground I whipped my wings out and glided over sand, and then landed gently. Maybe I could find water creatures to shape shift into them.

Hours later, I have found a plentiful variety of sharks and learned to shift into them. The one form that I preferred was the tiger shark, but I have learned more than just that form. Other forms were of dolphins, whales, and even mermaid from those that lived in the waters. In a mermaid form now, I swam with the merpeople in their underwater city, lit by magic. It was truly an amazing sight. The merpeople were everywhere, and the dolphins even seemed to be here too. The two water types were great allies against predators that would love to have them as a meal.

The one mermaid I made friends near the shore with led me to the center of their vast city, the palace. The mermaid was kind, long black hair to match with a charcoal black mertail. Most people would think mertails would be soft colors, but mertail colors more or less were colors to blend in with their surroundings. Some though, like black, were once was to blend, but then they were from deeper parts of the sea. Surprise, surprise, I have a black mertail too.

Once arriving at the palace, she spoke to the guards and they let us past. Upon entering was a magnificent place, brightly lit, and elegant. Simply stunning. In the main hallway, at the end were thrones occupied by the king and queen. Here, things work differently, but the king and queen still had lower standing than an Alpha of Alphas. But here, the merpeople are loyal to the King and Queen, not to me, even though I have become the most powerful of magickal creatures on the whole entire earth.

Both the King and Queen were both dressed elegantly, the Queen of a purple colored tail, and King of golden colored tail. Each also wore robes of silk that matched their tails down to the exact same shade.

Swimming closer, they arose from their glorious, gold thrones proudly.

"Greetings, Alpha of Alphas. A guard mentioned to me of your arrival. Such a pleasant surprise," the King spoke.