Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Lydia's POV

We loaded everything onto the yacht and got ourselves situated. Everyone then retired to their rooms for the night considering the sun was sinking underneath the waves. The yacht began its long journey over the sea, commanded by a captain paid by Elizabet. The yacht kitchens were stored enough for years, so if we were to lose direction, we would not need to worry about food.

I sat in bed, propped up by a mountain of pillows. It was a queen sized bed, and blankets piled on comfortably. It felt like I would sink into my pillows into oblivion. A lamp lit the room, enough light for me to see fairly well. I had a book and read contentedly, unaware of the passing hours. I finished the book by the time it was suynrise. Knocking on the door interupted my thinking with a muffled, "Breakfast is ready."

I slowly got out of bed, hesitating to leave the comfort of my blankets. Oh well. I pulled slippers onto my bare feet and ambled out the hallway to the dining area.

Eggs, roasted potato squares, pancakes, bacon, sausage, milk, and more all attacked my senses at once, knocking me off balance. My mouth started to drool, and Hera slapped my back, "Don't get too used to this. Soon, we'll all be eating canned food."

I took a plate from the buffet line and helped myself to the well cooked food that awaited before. I downed the food quickly, and soon got seconds, thirds, and stopped at fourths. By then, I was ready to barf. It would be so worth it though, and I managed to get one of everything. Well, more than one helping of everything.

I slowly trudged to my room, stomach overloaded. Eh, may as well just watch some TV. Plopping down on my cushioned bed, I flipped through the channels. I stopped at Law and Order, svu. Haven't seen this show in a while. I remembered how I used to watch this with Marlene, and how we'd obsess over it. It was her favorite, and mine too. Oh how I miss those days. I drifted off to sleep.

It was nightfall when I awoke, and outside the ship it was storming severely. The boat rocked back and forth on its journey. I fell off the bed in my sleepiness, dragging the covers with me. I tried to stand but got tangled up in the covers I slept in.

"Dammit," I muttered, but it got drowned out by the sound of lightning.

I finally freed myself from  the tangled mess and entered the hallway. Empty. Only thing to greet me was dimly lit hall with painted pictures of all sorts of varieties. Nature stuff really. Right now I kinda missed home, and, I missed Marlene and Ray. They were the people that raised me from five. I owe it all to them for being there for me. I just wish they didn't have to die, because of me.

"So you're up too, huh," Hera said, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, ya, kind of. I'd prefer to be asleep, but you know," I sleepily said.

There was another boom of thunder, lighting the hall. Wait a minute, there were no windows in here. I put two and two together that the deck was open, even though it was supposed to be closed. Rainwater flowed down the steps, and Hera and I walked out to the night sky rain. It was extremely dark, even for my careful eyes that usually could see everything. Even my sense of smell was drowned out with the smell of the sea.

"I can't see anything in this mess!" I shouted to Hera, hoping that the pounding of rain didn't stop her from hearing me.

"Me neither!" she shouted back. Damn, I couldn't even see her.

Lightning struck the sea again, lighting the sky for a second. Oh shit. I could see the outline of a ship, heading straight for us.

"Did you see that?"