Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lydia's POV

Next couple of months passed slowly. Could have been more interesting if we could have been in the cruise ship. But nope. Pirate ship was the one to take us to where we needed to go. The day that the pirates attacked, our own ship sank. So since then we've all been trying to go under the radar of other pirate ships that may want to attack. So far, there were only a couple of encounters, all of them we managed to defeat.

I lay in my cot in the dark, dank place under the deck above. It was mostly dark, except where there were holes for cannons. The little ones thought it was cool, so we all made sure the cannons were all strapped up and tied down so that the kids could use it as a mini playground. At least they had fun.

Footsteps ran down the deck, then down the stairs," Lydia, you gotta come up and see this," Shadow called out.

I moved my legs out of the cot, "Alright, I'm coming."

On deck, I could see that the ship was going to an island. The island was filled was jungle trees that waved lazily in the breeze, and sloped upwards so that at the top was the castle. Back at the base of the island, there was a stretch of pure white sand. Probably hot underneath feet.

The ship docked, but it must have been sailing too fast because we all lurched forward.

Jereb's POV

"Sir, what do you think will happen when, or if, the Alpha of Alphas ever gets here? "the servant asked.

I shrugged. What an idiotic question. It would all be the same as past Alphas taking over.

"Is there any word on the search for Gwen?" my eyes sweeped the room of servants. They all looked nervous.

"Sir, they could only trace her to the docks, but after that it was like she disappeared."

"I want her found soon. The sooner the better. She has my child, if she survived escape."

A young servant girl sat at the window, staring absently at the sea. Her eyes widened, "Sir, sir! There's a boat landing at the beach!"

I left the room, and breezed down the hallway.

"Guards, there's a ship landing on the north shore, go check it out."

The guards nodded and left, and then I returned to my chambers.

Lydia's POV

I jumped off the ship and landed cleanly into the white sand. Being shoeless, yep, it was hot on the feet, but it didn't bother me. I actually quite liked the heat, though I can't say the same for the others. I looked back at the ship and the others were unloading by tossing their stuff into the sand. I was caught off guard when several armed men appeared behind me.

"State your presence girl," the one said gruffly.

The one bumped his shoulder, "You should ask an adult on board why they're here."

I was about to protest when Elizabet cut in, "We're here because we brought the Alpha of Alphas."

The guards were surprised, and I could see Elizabet smirking.

"Well, in that case, where is he?"

"I think you should be asking where is she," I could see Elizabet was enjoying this, "She is standing right in front of you."

"Impossible, this is only just a child, she cannot possibly be a powerful ruler of all of the creatures," the one guard protested. The other guards just watched me warily.