Tracks

"It's Jimin. Park Jimin." He places a lock of hair behind my ear. "Well you used to call me Chim Chim, if that jogs your memory."

I push him away and everyone around me gasps.

"I know who you exactly are."

The boy who I used to hate as a kid.. The stalker that's been dueling me these past few weeks.. It's all Jimin? And now I gotta marry him, too?

I felt like I was about to be sick.

"Mom, please don't make me do this," I whimper.

My mother looks down and mutters. "You know I have no choice..."

I look towards my father, and he offers no support either.

So it's either I obey my parents or they cage me in my room and force me to become married to this jerk. Got it.

Dinner was strange. Jimin joins us, but there's none of his family. Taehyung and his family doesn't appear either. The King was busy somewhere else with some other affairs.

I pick at my food.

Does Jimin know I'm The Warrior? Why was he even chasing the Warrior in the first place?

Maybe I have the upperhand.

Chinua asks, "Jimin... I know we were uh, acquaintances when we were younger.. but have we seen each other in the castle, recently?"

"Yeah. I was the man in the silver mask from the ball. If you can remember.." He replies, in a low voice.

"Of course you were," I mutter.

I look towards Chinua. Her cheeks redden and she looks down.

Jimin smirks upon her reaction and takes another bite of his food.

Oh no. Now this jerk has Chinua in a tizzy.

"Jimin, you've gotten quite handsome over the years! What do you think about Amira?" My mother hopefully asks.

"She's a bit average looking... but she'll do."

I wait for my parents to say something back but they don't. What was so special about Jimin, that my own family wouldn't even stick up for me?

"Well, you're ugly," I say.

Jimin chuckles. "We all know that's a lie."

"And why's that?" I challenge him.

"Because you're a terrible liar, Amira dear."

"Now that is some top quality flirting." A family-friend at the table claps.

I shake my head and groan.

"So what special talents does Amira possess? Anything she does in her free time?" Jimin questions.

My father begins sweating. "Uh, uh..."

"She knows how to play the Morin Khurr." My mother scratches her head. "Well, she's a beginner at it."

"Ah, that's okay if she's a beginner." Jimin shrugs.

"Why?"

"Because I'm an expert. So I could give her some private lessons." He winks at me.

Ewww, I'm about to gag!

Jimin clears his throat. "I would like to speak to my warrior wife... Well, soon to be warrior wife, alone."

Everyone else immediately leaves the room, obeying his command. It was just us at the table.

"Tell me what you know." I purse my lips.

"Know about what?" He shrugs. "That you duel with people on the streets calling yourself The Warrior.. or pose outside of the castle as some peasant boy named Aman?"

I widen my eyes. "How do you even find out?"

"The gold coins you stole.. they had an imprint from the King on them and were tracked in the market. Your parents requested me to find out the truth, because they know I'm a great investigator. The tavern's owner said you gave it, and I connected the dots that Aman and Amira were the same person."

Suga was right. My reckless behavior of stealing from the castle would result in dire consequences.. I didn't know they'd come so soon.

"Please don't expose my identity to anyone." I lower my head. If my parents find out, my life is over.

Jimin snorts. "You never covered your tracks. You exposed yourself."

"What game are you playing?" I finally stand up.

"A game where everything will topple down very soon. But I just need to align the game pieces just right." His eyes gleamed with mischief.

"They won't." I narrow my eyes.

"How would you know, Amira? You don't even know the rules." He pouts his bottom lip, mocking me.

"Well, what are the rules?"

"The first rule is there are no rules."

I roll my eyes. "Well, that's just cringe."

Jimin whole-heartedly laughs and then checks me out, scrutinizing my body.

I look down, his intense gaze making me uncomfortable.

"It really does surprise me that you of all people have the guts to do it." He finally says.

"Do what?"

"Sneak out of the palace. Pretend to be a man. Fight me and other people on the streets. I underestimated you in the past... A simple miscalculation. It won't happen again."

"What do you even want from me?" I ask.

Jimin shrugs. "A lot of things.. but it's going to be what you're going to want from me, very soon."

"Stop playing Chinua," I demand.

He laughs. "She's gorgeous, I can't lie..."

"Leave her alone!"

"I was offered to marry the princess. It was tempting, but my eyes are set on a more important prize." He stands up and towers over me.

"Me?" I point to my chest. "More important than Chinua? I doubt it."

He steps closer and closer, and I inch away from him. My back is pressed against the wall and he places his lips right next to my neck.

"You're more important than you realize." His warm breath tickles my collarbone.

I'm way too shook for a few seconds, but finally collect myself and gain courage to speak.

"Yeah?" I raise my fist. "Well, don't call women prizes, you jerk!"

Jimin's already at the door, and waves at me.

"Bye, Amira dear. And don't get in my way."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: what do yall think is gna happen w jimin and amira? :0 any thoughts on jimin's character..? drop em down below 😉