Chapter 12: What If?

Start from the beginning

"Well I don't think you'd want to be attacked, says it right here." A6d said as Techno approached him with his hoglins beside him.

Techno took the paper looking at the words printed on it reading the note before seeing what he need to see, 'Project C-12125 reacts violently to those that disturb him, a few sacrifices where made to make sure this info is correct as Project C-12125 strangles or breaks the bones of people. Ten patients injured and five dead, 15 guards getting a limb removed or throats torn into.' Techno's right eye dilated before twitching, he handed the document back to A6d and scoffed as he'd looked away.

"So don't try it." A6d said shuffling the document back into the folder.

"Wasn't planning on it" Techno grumbled as the hoglins snorted to agree with him.

"So don't wake the beast, got it." Spifey said from another room as he over heard the conversation between Techno and A6d.

George chuckled slightly as he was right by this beast, he sat at the end of the sofa with his legs crossed and his hands in his lap. George wasn't even going to bother touching Dream nor daring to try and wake him up, but something did concern George as he had to watch his friend slowly become this proclaimed beast, this project was made to kill from what George was able to piece together.

"What if?" George thought to himself and his mood darkened by the questions that flooded his mind, "What if he forgets about us, what if he can't recognize who's a friend or foe, what if he attacks us without warning....what if" George thought as it frightened him as he'd flinched due to Dream moved one of his legs.

Bad looked over at George seeing the change in his emotions and behavior. Bad huffed and came over to George to see what was wrong, but he made sure he was out of Dream's range just in case he tried attacking.

"You alright George, you seem tense, is there something on your mind?" Bad asked before glancing at the two phantoms that stared him down.

"There's a lot on my mind, but I don't want to overwhelm you with it." George said moving one of his arms slightly, he tensed hoping that didn't disturb Dream luckily it didn't .

"You can talk to me, you know I don't mind, it's what friends are for." Bad said with a small smile.

George signed as he glanced away looking at Dream, "fine....it's just I had this thought on my mind, that...." George didn't want to say it since he didn't want to frighten everyone.

"Go on say it, you muffin head." Bad said wanting to hear what George had to say.

"What if Dream turns against us due to losing control, what if he becomes a former husk of him self to turn into this....monster." George said tensing up from what he said, "what if he becomes feral like a zombie, what if..." George stopped.

Bad looked at George before looking at Dream, he didn't believe a word George said, "oh don't say that, Dream's our friend, why would he turn against us. Nothing can break our friendship." Bad said trying to cheer George up.

George looked at Bad, he looked hopeful but deep down he felt hopeless as he might truly lose his close friend. George felt movement behind him as he quickly looked over at Dream who finally woke up, but George caught a glimpse of a glowing green flash in Dream's mask as he felt like he was being looked at. Bad looked at Dream but didn't see the glowing green that George had saw.

"Did ya sleep well." Bad said directing this towards Dream.

Dream flinched slightly before looking at Bad, looking at him carefully before speaking up, "why ask, I mean, sure whatever, I slept just fine." Dream said before brushing his hair back with his hand.