Chapter 5: Gusu Arrival Part 2

Wandering away from the inn, Zhuqin merrily looked around. Her face was full of innocent curiosity and even she did not know where to start anymore. A small clear stream had caught her adventurous attention and knowing her own deep love for water, she could not wait to get her hands in the cool river. When she had gotten to the water, she immediately kneeled down and carefully leaned over. Rolling up her sleeves, she reached in and the fresh coldness made her smile with pure delight. Zhuqin played in the water for a bit before she saw a familiar ribbon slowly flowing down the stream. She grabbed the white ribbon from the water and squeezed the water out.

The ribbon had blue cotton cloud embroideries. Only direct disciples from the Lan sect wore them. Zhuqin stood and began to walk upstream. She came upon a long set of beautiful light grey-blue stone stairs with small vines. On the bottom steps were green mosses with a tall clear waterfall onto the right side of the stairs.

  On the bottom steps were green mosses with a tall clear waterfall onto the right side of the stairs

Like any other will, Zhuqin stood in awe and complimented the tranquility like nature.

Her attention went back to the ribbon.

"Such a pretty ribbon," She began. "Who is this irresponsible family member of mine to lose such thing?"

She gently wrung the water out of it again and held onto one end of the ribbon to let it air dry. With her back against the flight of stairs going up, a tall silhouette approached her from behind.

It was Lan Wangji.

As quick as he thought he was, he silently leaned forward and tried to grab the ribbon in Zhuqin's hand. But as swift as the ribbon itself, the young maiden dodged his grasp. She turned around.

Her face lit up with a friendly laugh, "Hey~ Are you the irresponsible one who lost this ribbon?"

Lan Wangji paused for a moment and did not say anything. That ribbon in Zhuqins hand was indeed his. His quiet and 'cold' like manner did not scare Zhuqin though. For a minute, he observed her appearance with stern and steady eyes.

...She looked familiar.

Zhuqin happily questioned again with a soft giggle, "Da pengyou, zheshi ni de ma (Big friend, is this yours)?"

Of course she looked familiar to Lan Wangji. Her voice was even too familiar to forget. She was Jin Zhuqin, Jin Guangshan's only daughter. Lan Wangji had remembered the first time they met years ago when he first visited Jin Lin Tai. He was on the carriage until a little girl approached her and to this day, Lan Wangji could still remember a little Zhuqin poking his legs with a stick.

The handsome lad let out a ridiculing sigh at the young maiden and looked away. Thinking he was as swift as the wind, he had tried to get his ribbon bac. But again, Zhuqin's hand elegantly swayed away from him.