Chapter 10: hUnyIn

...Library Pavilion...

Lan Wangji handed Zhuqin the Virtues of Righteousness book and gathered the materials needed for Wei Wuxian to copy the book three times for his punishment of being unethical and going against human morals.

Wei Wuxian, on the other hand though, looked quite uninterested and sat in the same slouched position he was in earlier in the Orchid Room.

Zhuqin set the paper and brushes out, turning the book to the first page. She looked at Wei Wuxian and grinned.

"...A Qin...somehow that smile is a little scary," Wei Wuxian whined.

The Jin maiden chuckled and held up the brush, "You have not even started yet~"

"If I say I don't want to do it, what will your cousin do to me?" Wei Wuxian inquired.

Zhuqin and Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji.

He did not care to look at them and continued to brush his strokes carefully one by one.

Then Zhuqin looked at the first sentence of the book and dipped her brush in the ink, "If I copy it with you, I wonder what will he do to me~?"

Lan Wangji's entire body froze and again, only his eyes gazed straight at Zhuqin.

"It seems like he will literally eat you up," Wei Wuxian joked and crossed his arms together.

Lan Wangji began to focus on his calligraphy writing again.

"Do your work," He calmly said. "Uncle said he will give you a month to copy the book. If you cannot copy the book three times within a month, I will have to watch you for another month."

"Well if A Xian stays here for another month, then that will probably mean that you might also have to watch me for another month~" Zhuqin joked.

Again, Lan Wangji's arm froze and the only thing that looked up at Zhuqin were his eyes, showing deep irritation at the behavior that Zhuqin was displaying as a fellow Gusu Lan family member.

Zhuqin laughed and placed her hand on her chin, "Why are you always looking at me like that?"

Lan Wangji could only say one word, "...Shameless."

"PFT, hahaha!" Wei Wuxian and Zhuqin both giggled.

Hearing the two youngsters laugh at such a 'critical' time as Lan Wangji called it, he closed the book he was writing from and looked up at Wei Wuxian. Feeling the tense stare, the two jokesters stopped laughing and froze in place.

Then Lan Wangji irritatingly commented, "I cannot understand how you, a fellow Gusu Lan family member, can hang out with someone like him."

"Haha~" Zhuqin laughed. "I can hang out with whoever I want! What are you going to do about it?"

"Copy the book six times," Lan Wangji frustratingly demanded.

Zhuqin inquired, "Copy the book six times?"

Wei Wuxian could do nothing but drop his mouth in shock.

"Ok, that is a deal," Zhuqin betted. "A Xian will copy it three times, and I will copy it three times. You better not complain after we are done with it."

Lan Wangji looked as if he was about to say something at the tip of his tongue but immediately froze in his response. With a simple, "Hmph," he picked his brush back up and wrote once again.