Chapter 4: UnkNOwn Part 1

After a week, Zhuqin had just returned back to Jin Lin Tai with Jin Zixuan and Qin Baoqi. As they entered through the front gates, there was another carriage waiting nearby.

From the distance, Jin Guangshan and his attendants hurried to welcome them back. However just as the father approached his children, Jin Zixuan angrily stormed off towards Xuanzhu Hall without greeting his father.

With a baffled look, he turned to Zhuqin, "Ni gege zenme le (What's wrong with your brother)?"

"Mmm...it seems he does not favor me getting engaged to A Cheng," Zhuqin laughed.

"Is that so?" Jin Guangshan asked as he turned to look at his wife.

Qin Baoqi confidently smiled at him. She pretended to fix the hair ornament to the right side of her head.

Zhuqin made herself comfortable between her mother and father. However Jin Guangshan was the least comfortable at that moment. Although he agreed to Qin Baoqi's request on having Jiang Cheng become Zhuqin's future husband, he still had his concerns for her plans. The father urged Zhuqin to return to her room to rest after a long trip. As she did so, Jin Guangshan proceeded to ask just how well Qin Baoqi's plan went in Yunmeng.

Zhuqin happily skipped along to Xuanzhu Hall but upon remembering what had happened in those weeks in Yunmeng made the young maiden question things. Her sudden chest pain, the sudden engagement to Jiang Cheng and obviously Jin Zixuan's deep hatred of Jiang Yanli made her so perplexed. She even tripped as she walked into her room. Zhuqin laughed and patted herself clean. She placed her things away and it was only natural to check in on Jin Zixuan.

She knocked on his closed door, "Brother, are you ok? Did you have too much fun?"

Sounding as if his face was buried into his bed, Jin Zixuan irritatingly responded, "None of this concerns you."

"Are you sure~?" Zhuqin continued asking.

Jin Zixuan hesitated for a bit.

Still sounding as if his face was buried into his bed sheets, he loudly mumbled, "Mm yeah..."

Zhuqin laughed to herself then replied, "Uhm...ok~"

She slightly hesitated to leave her elder brother but figured that even he sometimes needed time alone. The young maiden sighed and with a smile, she hurriedly left his door and went to the the main hall.

Upon entering the main hall, she saw a young gentleman standing in the middle of the room with his back facing her. Zhuqin smiled and with no hesitation, she cheerfully approached him.

"Hello!" She greeted.

The young man slightly jumped at her sudden yet warm tone of voice. He turned to her and looked a bit baffled before introducing himself.

"Hello young miss, my name is Meng Yao."

Meng Yao, the only son of Meng Shi, the older illegitimate son of Jin Guangshan and the half brother to Jin Zixuan, Mo Xuanyu and Jin Zhuqin. He is 17 years old. Meng Yao has had an extremely difficult time growing up and because his mother works as a prostitute, he has been shunned by other children and parents. Because of the negative remarks from his childhood, Meng Yao dedicates his time to work hard and impress his father in the future.

With a lit up smile, Zhuqin sighed in relief and promptly questioned, "Meng Yao?"

Meng Yao slowly nodded.

"Ok!" Zhuqin replied.

Meng Yao then proceeded to ask, "Could you be...young miss Jin Zhuqin?"

Zhuqin giggled and playfully placed her hands behind her back.