Characters

Main

· Jin Zhuqin金朱琴

Clan: Lanling Jin Sect

The main protagonist of the story. Currently 13 years old. She is the youngest and only daughter to Jin Guangshan and Lan Yunlin. Younger half-sister to Jin Zixuan, Mo Xuanyu and Meng Yao (or Jin Guangyao). She is the direct cousin to the Twin Jades of Gusu Lan; Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji. Zhuqin is niece to Lan Qingheng and Lan Qiren. After her mother died, her step-mother Qin Baoqi adopt Jin Zhuqin to be her daughter. She is a friendly, considerate and quite random as no one can really predict what she is going to do.

It is assumed her given name comes from her being part of the Lanling and Gusu sect; 'Zhu' meaning 'Vermillion or bright red,' and 'Qin' being part of the radical for 'guqin,' the musical instrument passed down from Gusu generations.

She was also given another nickname by Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian; Ziling, 'Zi' as in 'purple' and 'Ling' as in 'bell.'

Jin Zhuqin has a red birthmark on the back of her shoulder. The shape looks like a phoenix flying over a lotus and a Buddhist monk in Gusu had predicted a few things about her future.

· Jin Zixuan

Clan: Lanling Jin Sect

Weapon: Sword Suihua

Elder half-brother to Jin Zhuqin and is 17 years old. He is currently Jin Guangshan's pure blood son and is the son to Qin Baoqi. Jin Zixuan is quite arrogant and has high pride as being part of the Lanling Jin sect. He seemed to have confusing feelings towards Jin Zhuqin his half-sister versus his betrothed who is Jiang Yanli.

· Wei Wuxian

Given name: Wei Ying

Weapon: Sword - Suibian and dizi (flute) - Chenqing

The main protagonist of Mo Dao Zu Shi and Jin Zhuqin's 'friend.' He is the son of Wei Changze and Cangse-Sanren. However he was adopted by Jiang Fengmian when he was left wandering the streets of Yiling at a young age. He is 15 years old and is known to be quirky, quite laid-back, mischievous and an extremely cheerful person. During critical times, he tends to stay optimistic. He has extreme fear of dogs.

· Lan Wangji

Given name: Lan Zhan

Clan: Gusu Lan Sect

Weapon: 7-Stringed Guqin - Bichen

Son to Lan Qingheng and Xiao He, nephew to Lan Qiren, younger brother of Lan Xichen and cousin of Jin Zhuqin. He is 15 years old. Wangji and his elder brother are known as the Twin Jades of Gusu Lan due to their outstanding cultivation skills and twin-like appearances. He was shown to not have any special affection for Jin Zhuqin when they first met as youngsters. Wangji is described to be very quiet, extremely etiquette and only speaks if necessary. He can be blunt with what he says and is often viewed as a cold person.

· Lan Xichen

Given name: Lan Huan

Clan: Gusu Lan Sect

Weapon: Xiao (flute) Shuoyue

The elder brother of Lan Wangji, son to Lan Qingheng and Xiao He, nephew to Lan Qiren and cousin to Jin Zhuqin. He is 18 years old and together with his younger brother, they are known as the Twin Jades of Gusu Lan. Xichen has a tender personality and like Wangji, follows the righteous way of their Lan sect. Xichen is careful with what he says and is not judgmental towards anyone. He is very protective of his friends and family members, especially his younger brother. It is hinted that he may have small interest towards Jin Zhuqin but most is unknown. Lan Xichen is the next leader of the Lan sect.