chapter 31 You can't be in love with her

The man suddenly narrowed his eyes.

"What hospital?"

"It's a private hospital, I don't think your ex—wife is short of money at all. This kind of hospital can't be spent by normal people, could it be that her lover paid for it?"

Hearing the coquettish laughter, Ethan's face instantly darkened, and his voice became heavy:.

"Gail, watch your mouth."

"What's the point of admitting that you were cheated? It's not like I will laugh at you."

Gail said lazily, his tone full of schadenfreude.The man's thin lips formed a straight line as he hung up the phone.

He casually threw away the document and leaned back on his chair irritably, with a dark expression on his face.

But before long, he felt that something was wrong, and his pitch—black pupils became deeper and deeper.

She could not buy a VIP card in Japan. She would rather put down her pride and beg him why would she choose such a high—end private hospital?

She had already guessed that he would go investigate, so she had made preparations in advance.

After all, only those places would protect their customers' information the most.However, did she overlook it?

The warier she was, the more people were suspicious.After thinking for a moment, hecalled Gail back.

The moment he opened his mouth, he ridiculed:

"Ethan, I fucking owe you. Hurry and tell me, what other shitty things do you have here?"

"Sorry! I owe you one."

The man's tone was flat and he didn't seem to be apologetic at all. He then asked,

"Are you still in Brighton?"

"I'm on my way to the airport."

"Change the contract and help me to go to the court to look at her father's case and see if I can reduce his sentence. As long as it can be solved with money, it's no problem."

"…"Gail took a deep breath, clucked his tongue twice, and suddenly said curiously:

"Before the divorce, I didn't see you torment yourself like this, and now it has nothing to do with you. You keep sticking to it.… Are you in love with her? "

The man's pitch—black eyes quietly looked forward. After a brief moment of silence, he said without much emotion,

"I don't know."

Ethan rarely concealed anything from this brother of his that he had grown up with. He indeed did not know, and his emotions were very complicated.

Furthermore, he had been very busy lately, and he only felt that he was very frustrated but did not have the time to calm down and think about it properly.                       

Gail was speechless towards him.A woman he had slept with for three years, even if he slept only once a week, four times a month, he did not even know if he had fallen in love with her.Knowing his personality, Gail did not ask any further. He replied simply.

"Alright, I understand, I'll talk to you in detail when I get back."

"Ok."

Half a month later, the trial of Lord began. As a famous judge in the city, he was naturally the focus of attention of many people in the court.

Many of the spectators and reporters had already entered the court in an orderly fashion.As the defendant's family members, Ruby and Mrs. Lord arrived early.

They were wearing masks as they looked at the stage with a serious expression.Daniel also rushed over and sat beside Ruby.

"It will be fine, don't worry."                                                        

The man gently caressed her shoulder as he consoled her in a low voice.Ruby's eyes were focused on the old man who was handcuffed in the middle.

Her heart was filled with pain, but she also felt very sad.She had already prepared for the worst.Abuse of power, corruption, and bribery, he should compensate it with his entire life, and prison is the best way to atone for his sins.

She didn't have much to pray for. She only hoped that he would be healthy. Once his punishment was over, there would still be a chance for him to be filial.She looked at her mother sobbing without a sound.

She covered her mouth and did not let out a sound, causing her heart to ache as she hastily hugged her and said:

"Mom, don't cry. It's fine. You still have me."

They sat in the front row, but none of them noticed that in the last row of the auditorium, a man was wearing a black overcoat and sunglasses. His gaze was fixated on the several people in front of him.