Chapter 3 - 'Is it so hard to add her to the address book? '

There were still twenty days until her father's sentencing. If she didn't raise enough money to repay during this period, her father would probably come out of prison until he has a head full of white hair.
Investor?
Ruby hesitated while thinking about what Jake had just said. She opened up the contact book on the phone, searching and looking at the number of the man she was thinking.
At the beginning of the marriage, the note for Ethan is "ah" before "husband" in her phone, so that his name would be at the most front of the contact list.
However, in these past three years, the man had seldom called and sent messages to her so that she changed her note to Ethan As time passes.
Ruby threw the cigarette into the toilet and went out to rinse her mouth while dialing the number.
She had just smoked a cigarette and her voice was a little hoarse. She had to hawk now so that Ethan won’t be so displeasure over the phone.
"Hello, who is that?"
The call was connected quickly, but what made Ruby chilling was a woman answered the phone, she was naturally proficient in speaking, as though she had usually received phone calls for him.
Hearing nothing, the woman asked, "Hello?"
It took a while to come to herself, she asked in an extremely obscure voice, "Is Ethan here?"
"He is in a meeting." The woman said his name casually as if she was the dominant one in front of her, "Please tell me your name, and I’ll check if Chen saved your number."
Ruby couldn’t wait to hang up the phone hurriedly. Her hand was trembling so that the phone was dropped with a dull thud. She picked it up in a rush.
Ruby saw tears on her face from the broken screen, she seemed so miserable as if she had lost her family.
They had been married for three years and supposed to be an old couple. But he had never saved her number.
Was it so hard to put her in the address book?
And who was the woman answering the phone?
Thinking about that phone call minutes ago, Ruby felt chills down her spine.
Ethan was always cold to her, Ruby had also suspected that he had other women outside, but if it was real, he had to be divorced and sent away empty according to the contract.
Ruby had always believed in him. But now she changed her mind because the woman called him intimately on the phone.
The crack which is not too obvious in their relationship had begun to widen in her heart.
Ruby didn't care whether Ethan would return home even it was Sunday.
He got off work exactly at five-thirty and bought some fresh fruits and vegetables in the supermarket on her way home.
She had always been good at cooking since learned from her mother. After getting married, although she had made all kinds of food for him, he kept coming back once a week as the contract, so no matter how good the food is, she would eat them all by herself most of the time.
As time goes on, Ruby wasn’t bothered to cook except in a good mood. If the man came back they would divide the work or order some dishes.
The phone in the living room was playing music loudly, so Ruby, busying herself in the kitchen, naturally did not hear the door open.
"AH!"
She accidentally cut herself with the gills when she was dealing with the fish. Ruby retracted her bleeding finger and screamed.
Before she knew that, someone seemed approached from behind. The big hand grabbed her fingers and rinse it. Ruby was stunned because of his hot palm.
It seemed that the man's body was always warm except for his lips.
"Won't you let the fishmonger deal with it beforehand?" He cleaned her finger with a tissue and stuck a bandage on her wound gently but still looks cold.
Ruby muttered softly, "I forgot when I hurried in shopping.”