Chapter 21 Doubt

At ten o'clock sharp, a team from the Soaring Dragon arrived at Henton Technology.Ruby, who was sitting in the corner, slightly raised her head.

Seeing Ethan, who was the first to enter, his dark gray clothes looked very natural.After Ethan and the Jake shook hands, they automatically made their rounds around the meeting room.

Inadvertently, they caught a glimpse of Ruby in the corner, who had her head lowered to look at the notebook on the table.Ethan's gaze stayed on her for a second, then pulled out a chair and sat down.

As the leader of a large investment company, Ethan's few words were enough to let people understand his strong aura. Even the experienced Jake was a little nervous when talking to him.Not long after, the secretary entered, pushing a cart with coffee and pastries.Seeing that the secretary was a little busy, Ruby got up and went to help out, bringing the coffee to the people from Soaring Dragon.

When she brought Ethan a cup of coffee, she subconsciously chose a warm cup of coffee without sugar.Although Ethan only went home once a week, he would occasionally have work to do. When Ruby found out that he liked drinking warm coffee, and also didn't like adding sugar, she secretly remembered it.

Today's actions were completely habitual.Ethan was still talking to Jake, but when Ruby placed a cup of coffee in front of him and saw that there was no sugar on the saucer, and even the coffee was warm, she folded hands slightly tightened, but his talking speed didn't slow down in the slightest.

The meeting was not long and ended in almost forty minutes.Jake was happy to be able to cooperate with the Soaring Dragon. After the meeting, he brought Ethan downstairs to the dining hall to eat while the others followed behind.

The restaurant in company was not cheap, so it would cost at least tens of thousands of RMB to pay for lunch. As there were a lot of people, the restaurant had become a self—service restaurant."

Ruby was choosing the food she wanted to eat. Seeing her colleague come over to greet her, she replied with a grunt, "I'm just a little hungry."

After chatting for a short while, the colleague suddenly changed the topic, and said in a gossipy tone.

"Did you see the Ethan of the Soaring Dragon? He looks so young, not even thirty years old. He is so rich unexpectedly."

"Ethan doesn't look like a good person to get along with, but he's pretty handsome, and can compete with celebrities. Sigh, do you think he's married? I bet there are many women like him, right?"

The colleague, who was gossiping, looked over to where Jake was sitting, her eyes filled with desire. Seeing that, Ruby also looked over

The man untied his tie and casually sat there talking to someone, but it was as if all the attention was focused on him.

Ruby suddenly smiled as if she understood something.Look, that man is so outstanding, who knows how many girls he misses. Some of them seem to be willing to be anonymous lovers, while she foolishly wants to move him, hoping that the two of them will grow old together.

How ridiculous!"That kind of man is smart and restrained. You won't get any benefit from him." Ruby lowered her head and continued eating.

She's with Ethan for three years, how could she not know who he was?

"Ruby, why are you not wearing a ring?"

Her colleague's eyes were sharp, seeing that Ruby's ring finger was empty, with only a light ring imprint, "Could you … did you divorce your husband? "Ruby acknowledged.However, Ethan told her not to pull him in, as if the fewer people knew that their marriage was better, so she didn't tell the people in the company who her husband was.

"Men like beautiful and perfect women." Her colleague retorted, then consoled Ruby again,

"Ruby, you are so young, and you don't have any children.Don't worry, it's very easy to find someone."Ruby could not help but glance at her stomach.It was true that she had divorced, but she left with the baby in her belly.Just then, someone carried a plate and walked past Ruby's side.

The thing on the plate seemed to be a seafood dish, and a faint fishy smell wafted into Ruby's nose, causing her stomach to churn.Ruby pushed her colleague away and quickly ran in the direction of the washroom with her mouth covered.

Her colleague was pushed around by Ruby in a baffled manner.Ethan unwittingly saw Ruby run towards the bathroom with her hands covering her mouth. Her face was pale, and when she ran, her skirt was stuck to her body, making her stomach seem a little round.