T w e n t y F i v e

Start from the beginning

"Don't push him, he just got out of a coma and he doesn't need anymore stress, just give it time or pretend you're a new friend and person in his life." The doctor patted J on the shoulder as her and minghao came back into Chan's room.

"So...what did I miss?" Chan asked seeming completely fine.

"Nothing really, you won't believe what J did though." Felix snorted sitting next to chan.

"Who?" Chan furrowed his eyebrows.

J thought she heard her heart break a little and finally spoke up.

"Uh, I'm really glad you're awake but we should get going." She motioned at the gang who finished up their convos and smiled at chan saying their goodbyes before heading out.

J decided to shower hoping it would make her feel whole again. She just let the hot water fall on her head as she cried a little, she hated crying more than anything but she felt like her heart was going to burst if she didn't let it out, little by little at least.

"It's okay-" Wonwoo started as soon as he saw J coming down the stairs and heading to the kitchen.

"If I hear 'it's okay' one more time this week I'm gonna puke." J interrupted him not displaying any emotion.

"At-at least he's awake and okay, it might take some time but you guys can rebuild your friendship." Vernon sat on the chair by the counter.

"Right." J nodded.

She made food for them and set it all up before telling them to come and eat. She went back up stairs and laid on wonwoo's bed.

"This is weird." Dk shook his head.
"It's so weird to see her acting so monotone." Coups chimed in.
"She hasn't eaten all day." Minghao noticed.
"I miss her laugh." Wonwoo let out, staring off into the unknown.
"Just don't let her be alone." Joshua stuffed some rice into his mouth.
"Let's take her for ice cream?" Dino asked.
"She won't go. It'll just remind her of that night." Jun shook his head in disagreement.
"She just needs time." Hoshi closed his eyes a little and they all agreed.

It has been about a week now of going and visiting chan in the hospital with him avoiding eye contact and conversation with J, who to him was a random stranger bringing him food every day until he was discharged.

"I don't wanna go." J shook her head pouting at coups.

"You already missed two days this week." Coups shook his head right back. "You have to."

He was right. She had missed one day to be with chan and another day to give her mind some space to think about chan coming back to school.

"Stop pouting." Wonwoo shook his head grabbing her arm and putting her in the back seat.

The gang met up with chan who seemed completely okay now, besides the fact that he had forgotten his best friend of course.

"Why is she always here?" Chan whispered to nabz but J heard him loud and clear.

"Right. Uh I'm gonna go to class." J pretended not to hear them as she walked away trying to fight back the tears.

Chan sat in his seat next to J and made a weird face when he realized who he was sitting next to. J shook it off and tried to pay attention to the teacher which was more difficult than ever. It was finally lunch time and J had felt a little hungry, the most she'd felt in a while. They all sat down and J had taken a seat across from chan without noticing.

"I-I feel uncomfortable eating with her sitting across from me." Chan whispered to nabz but everyone heard him and they all stared at J.

"I'm not really hungry actually, I need some fresh air." J fake chuckled wanting chan to be comfortable even if it meant she wasn't with him.