Chapter 30

Sorry for the long wait. School was getting to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, let me get this straight," Mina said, "You're going to get Momo to make you another receiver, track a bad guy, and then try to save Bakugou all by yourselves?"

"Yes," Kirishima said.

"The villains who attacked the camp planned to kill some of us," Sora said 

"But they took Bakugou alive. What we don't know is how long they'll let him live. That's why we're going after him," Todoroki said.

"Have the three of you lost your minds?" Iida said.

"Hey. Calm down," Shoji said, "I get how frustrated Kirishima is. And how Sora feels since he couldn't pull Bakugou. I'm upset, too. But we can't let our emotions get the best of us, right Sora?" Sora looked down. 

"Umm... We should just leave this to All Might," Aoyama said, "Aizawa only gave us permission to fight and use Quirks at the training camp."

"Aoyama is correct," Tokoyami said, "Though, I'm part of the reason we failed. So, I can't talk."

"You guys," Kirishima said.

"Listen," Tsu said, "We're all shocked that Bakugou was taken from us. But we have to be rational. It doesn't matter how noble your intentions. If you go out there trying to find the bad guys, knowing you're breaking the rules, then you're acting like villains, not heroes. Besides, Sora you already lost an arm. You don't want to lose another one." Everyone either looked at the floor or at the missing limb of Sora.

"You're right Tsu," Sora said, "But we aren't acting like villains, more like vigilantes."

Then it got quiet. Suddenly there was knocking and a doctor opened the door.

"Sorry for interrupting you guys," the doctor said, "But I need a moment alone with Midoriya and Martinez, Ren's here."

"Sure, let's bolt," Sero said, "I wanna see how Jirou and Hagakure are doin'."

"Good idea."

"Yeah, okay. Feel better, Deku, Sora."

"Thank you for visiting us."

Kirishima walked up to Midoriya and Sora. "We talked to Yaoyorozu yesterday," Kirishima told them, "If we're doing this, it's tonight. Look, I know you've got some pretty hardcore injuries. So I don't know if you can go. But I wanted to invite you two since you two probably feel the worst. We'll meet in front of the hospital after dark."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Recovery girl performed pretty strong healing on your arms while you were unconscious, so you should be able to move them around fairly well," The doctor said, "But they were seriously messed up. You've done absurd damage to your body in the last few months. And, frankly, this is a whole new league of trauma."

"You mean I was hurt a lot worse this time?"

"I took a close look at your charts. Your past injuries were bad. Splintered bones and ripped muscles that were painful, sure, but could eventually be repaired. This time, the damage was devastating. Usually, a person's body has limiters that keep it from using more than 80% of its power at any given point. But in a crisis situation, it's possible for those limiters to fall away allowing someone to use 100%. We call it 'hysterical strength'. The reason we have those limiters in the first place is because our bodies can't handle that type of strain. You had this 'hysterical strength' and because of that, your power ended up overcharged for an extended period." The doctor said, "It's bad for your bones and muscles to get battered, of course, but it's worse for your ligaments. Ligaments protect the joints and yours have seriously degraded. In other words, if you sustain this type of injury, even just two or three more times, I don't think you're going to be able to move your arms anymore. For now, focus on rehabilitation Use them a lot, even if it hurts and we'll leave the rest to UA."