Chapter 9 : Black Demons

Vanessa :

I had killed the entire family by myself!
I stared at the carcasses of the poor family. My heart stopping & my eyes crying. Fear, guilt, regression were the feelings flooding me. I had no idea I would one day be a murderer. I never intended to do that! I sat on the floor, crying for what I just did.

I thought to surrender myself to the cops. I was no innocent. I was guilty for killing a poor family that offered me help. I was supposed to be grateful but instead I killed them! I guess even God wouldn't forgive me for it.

I left the house & stared at my bloody hands. The hands covered with the life of that family. I just slaughtered them like I meant it. But I had to go to the cops. I reached a police station, where I saw 2 officers working. I went near them. I showed my hands filled with blood.
"I have committed a murder sir!", I said with tears rolling down my eyes.
"Did you really do it?", one of the officers asked. His eyes narrowed with confusion.
"Yeah sir! Please arrest me.", I said with guilt.
"Well you might be the 1st criminal to surrender your crime! I don't think so you committed a murder!", the other officer said with a small laugh.

"I have really committed a murder sir! Please believe me! I can show you the house & the people where I killed!", I said. It made me think that this was the right way to give the family justice. I sat in the backseat of the police car while the 2 officers sat in front. We reached the house, my heart pounding with fear.
You have to. You killed them! This is what you deserve!

I opened the door. Shocked to see something impossible.
That family was alive! What the hell!
"Sir, this little girl tells us that she killed your family!", the officer said, jokingly.
"Why on Earth would she say that?!",
the man said. He laughed.
I was terrified in seeing them. I didn't kill them! It was just a vision I guess. I was happy but also in needles. I felt like I killed them, how come they are alive. I started doubting my mind. Whether it was real or not.

"Well she says like that! She must have been petrified by seeing someone murder. That's why she says like that!", the officer said.
The officer took a leap in front of me. His shadow as cold as ice. That creeped me out. So I stepped back.
"I guess, I'm mistaken! Sorry for the trouble!", I went back & back & made a run for it.

I saw behind me, those creepy figures I saw at the first place. Black hoodie, a book & those black eyes! I ran as fast as I could. They were still following me. I didn't turn back, just kept running. I felt really weird. What was happening with me? Did I really kill that family? I was still in confusion. My confusion was overtaking my speed. I couldn't focus. I hid behind a car, being careful of them not noticing me.

I was behind, with perfect silence. I saw the foot steps of one of them. He stopped right in front of me, his presence giving me a rush of fear. A weird aura that I could get from him. He looked down. Our eyes met. His black intense eyes, now calling other. It was sort of a telepathy or something. He called the others & now all of them were surrounding the car.

The only way I had was the back wall. I had to climb & escape. I turned back, they coming towards me as fast as possible. I climbed fast & they climbed too. I ran as fast as I could. The night turned into day. The men now becoming more & more cautious. I figured that maybe they didn't like the light.

But something was wrong too, they didn't vanish or were in crumbs. Maybe they didn't hate the light. I was exhausted & sweating. I couldn't run anymore. My feet were getting numb, my eyes blurring. Maybe this was the manipulation of those people. I fell on the ground, my eyes closing with the scene of a boy standing on a mountain.

When I woke up, I still saw that boy. When I went closer to him, I realised who it was. It was Vixxon! I screamed for help. He didn't hear me somehow. Maybe it was a trick left for me. I was still limping with my right leg. It was bleeding because I saw a stone stuck to it. It was burning & the blood didn't stop. I tore a piece of cloth from my dress & wrapped it.