Chapter 8 : Heights Of Fear

Genesis :

When I just remembered what had happened, I froze. Why would my nightmares haunt me? Why today? Why me? Without any further thinking, I rolled to the other side. Aunt Rose was sceptical in killing me. I don't know why she wanted to kill me. Back then & now also. The only thing I was searching for was a reason of her doing this to me. Back then my father came at the right time. He didn't see what Aunt Rose did. But he protected me. This time I thought maybe he would come but I also thought what if he didn't? I know that in some situations I was supposed to battle on my own. I was supposed to walk on my own feet carrying my courage as my sword. 
I thought to run. But why am I supposed to run? I think I had to handle the situation. I heard a doorbell & Aunt Rose hid her knife behind her jeans, while I tried to hide my fear. She opened the door & it turned out to be my father. I was so excited & relieved that I went & hugged him tight. We went home & I didn't tell him about what had happened to me. If I did, then the situation would become worse. So I kept it within myself. I & dad were walking home, he saw me scared. I guess I couldn't hide my feelings that time.
"What is it Genesis? Why are you so scared?", he asked.
"Nothing. It's just that you know I'm Nyctophobic. It's dark here. That's the reason why I'm scared.", I lied.
"Oh I see. Don't worry, I'm there here. No one will do anything to you.", he comforted. I was so glad that dad came to save me again. But where was mom? What happened to her? It suddenly triggered me. I was in the kitchen having sweets & then I saw the person in the black robe, My nightmares haunting me, Aunt Rose all of them flashing back in a second.
I stopped for a while, I saw dad stopping too.
"What is it?", he asked, worried.
"Where's mom?", I asked back.
"She is where she is supposed to be. Why? ", he said & asked.
Which meant I was still in this nightmare world. I was still here. I had to get out somehow. Just then dad told something.
"There's a party! Gena topped the college!", he exclaimed with the good news.
"I knew she could do it!", I said forgetting about the nightmare world I was in.
"You need to be like her Genesis. You have to be proud that you are a Wolfhard & you have to spread that name!", he said.
"I know! I will be like her.", I said.
We reached the house where I saw Gena sitting on the couch. I sat next to her & gave her a congratulating smile. She nodded that looked like a thank you.
"Kids you better go upstairs, we have to talk something. ", my dad insisted as he was the alpha of the pack. There were other members of the pack in the house. So we thought to better go upstairs as there might be something serious to talk about. Problems or matters in the pack you see.
I went upstairs with Gena, Galaxy, Genon, Gwen & Gexx, my siblings.
The others were grown up & could breathe the talk/announcement by my dad. We weren't allowed as we were kids. We could only go on missions when we were 18 years old. I was the youngest person between my siblings so if my parents would go on a mission it would only be me & my siblings. Gwen was the oldest then came Gena, then Gexx, then Genon & then Galaxy & then me. Galaxy & I were very close compared to my other siblings as we were just a year apart. We talk & share our secrets. Gexx my older brother is very protective. When I told him that I had a crush on Vixxon, he became super angry on him & was about to beat him up. It was a miracle that I came up in time to save Vixxon. But thank goodness Vixxon didn't know that I had a crush on him otherwise it would affect our friendship. But also at the same time Gexx is calm & patient as he spends most of his time in music. Gena loves books & she spends most of her time reading books. My dad dedicated her a library in our colony. Gwen loves art & she is a famous artist in Heavenearth. Her paintings are about nature, family, friends, canvas & abstract. Genon loves sports & he is athletic. He loves to play basketball, soccer & baseball. He too is very protective. Last comes Galaxy. She is sweet, calm, patient & kind. Like a Goddess in disguise. She loves the stars, the celestial bodies & the sky, so every night she goes to her room & explores the night sky with her telescope. That's the reason why I guess dad & mom named her Galaxy. Galaxy wants to be an astronaut or an astrophysicist, as she loves the stars. She loves astrophysics & everything related to the stars & planets. Last me, Genesis. I am not good at anything other than cooking, submitting my work on time & eating food. I'm clumsy & I drool when I sleep. I'm not perfect at anything. I want to have talents like my siblings but I just can't. Plus I suffer from Acrophobia & Nyctophobia. I just can't bear them. They are my weaknesses.
Gena & Gwen were talking something. Galaxy & I were talking about the party. How it would be like & stuff. Genon & Gexx were talking about games like usual.
"Everyone come out!", my dad shouted.
We immediately came down as it was a command. There were balloons, party poppers, delicious food all around. It looked like heaven. Gena came to the centre & stood there with dad next to her. The others behind. Mom was not there at this auspicious moment. I felt bad for her. Dad handed Gena an e-screen, where mom was virtually present.
"Congrats Gena! I'm so happy for you! I can't believe that you topped the whole college! I'm so sorry that I couldn't come for your moment & stand by your side. I wish I could. But anyways I'm so happy for you!", she said. Just then someone called her. It was a small boy.
I'm sorry I have to go now!", she apologized. My mom trains younger wolves to be in the pack. In the pack we have certain rules & codes to follow.
My mom made sure all of them were implemented. She signs a treaty/alliance with other packs to maintain peace among packs & family members. In this treaty we train together & form ally when there is a war between 2 animal family. For example a war between a wolf & a bull. We support & protect each other. It's called the 'The code of the Wolves'.
Dad is busy too. He too goes sometimes out to form an alliance with other packs. Like that I have many friends but Vixxon, Stevven & Vanessa are my best friends. I feel like myself when I'm with them.
After a few minutes we started the party after mom's message. Gena cut the cake & gave a small message of her joy of how she felt when she realised that she was the topper. Gexx hugged her & so did we. We were siblings & we were so happy for her.
We ate the delicious food, when dad told us that he had something important to tell.
"Tomorrow the Lawson's are  arranging a small gathering in remembrance of their grandmother at The Hills. I want everyone to be ready by 8.", he commanded.
"Ok fine. We'll be ready by 8.", Gexx said.
We went to bed & slept the whole night. The Hills! I was so excited. I wanted to go to this place for a long time! But at the same time I felt bad for Mr.Lawson.
It was morning & we got ready. I wore my black dress with a bun.